Anyone else ever ....

gabrielle1976

Crowing
10 Years
Feb 21, 2009
Columbia river gorge
Have to wait till there kid is asleep so they can go to sleep , I am sooo tired and its just after 8 but my son is still awake in his room , I can hear him shifting and squirming now and then , I wont go to bed till he is asleep so Im trying to stay awake...
Am I wierd ??

Not at all. I never could either. I think your just being a good Mommy!
big_smile.png

Ill lay them down and use to have a baby monitor in there (but have done away with it) then go get in my bed..

My 1.5 year old has just learned to climb out of his crib as of last week so yes...I am having to wait till he quits fighting.
What happend to my little baby I use to lay down and go right to sleep?
hit.gif

Last edited:
They do grow up so fast , my BABY is 4 I cant bealve it. But its a bit harder now I put a gate in the hallway leading to the rest of the apartment , he can get to the bathroom and my room but not the liveing room or kitchen and front door as he is starting to learn how to be stealthy.
hmm.png

Ok, guys, just to show how bad it is or can be...

My son is 15 1/2 years old!! Yes, a TEENAGER, and I still can't sleep until I know he is in his room, and ready for bed. Now, realisitcially, I know he stays up and texts his friends, listens to music, etc. but at least he is in his room. If he is still up and out in the living room watching TV or on the computer, I cannot sleep while he is up.

Yeah, I know, it's bad...he is my one and only, so I think I will always worry and watch out for him.

LOL. I totally understand where you all are coming from. Unfortunately, with summer here, he doesn't want to go to bed at a "reasonable" hour. He likes to stay up til midnight or so. We finally had to tell him that he can stay up, but has to be in his room by 10:30 at the latest, so we can sleep! LOL

My DD's are 13 and 10-This last year I decided enough was enough of no sleep for me-They are sleeping before me MON-FRI- Sat/ Sundays-Im sleeping before them-but I'm also up at 5-6 am with or without sleep 7 days a week-

I must have it easy - my youngest two (15 yr old son and a 12 yr old daughter) were told their curfews were 11 pm for him to be inside the house and lock up after he gets in, and for her, she can stay out in the front yard until 10 pm only if there are other children out there with her, if no children are out, she has to come in. They both let me know who they are with and where they are at.

They do not like staying inside without a tv, or video games to entertain themselves with, also the real threat is I will let friends parents, or whoever in charge of friends know what all they are up to. Thats embarrassing to them. I love them, it shows!
lau.gif

I need to be in bed at the latest 11 pm if I work. 12 am if I don't work, Yeah I get real nasty with the rules of no friends over, you cannot sleep over , no going to movies , I do not have money for you AT all, ect......these can be enforced for weeks, and we know weeks turn into months!
wink.png

Last edited:
I especially had to wait until my 2nd daughter was asleep which could be midnight... she would sneak out of the house at night and go next door and visit my cousin... we had to put special locks on my doors and windows to keep her in even during the day ... we would think she was playing in her room when we would get a knock on the door and my cousin would be there with my daughter... she was a really hyper kid and great escape artist...

Back
Top Bottom