Anyone else excited for chick season? Just for fun :)

Pics
I really need the snow, rain and ice to stop for a week so I can rent a skid steer and get the foundation in so I can start construction. :jumpy 15 chicks arrive 4/26!!! My Livingroom looks like a mix of lumber yard and Pet Store. My daughters are considering an intervention for me.:lau The Dining room table makes a great workbench.
Mine come in on 4/26 too! And I was just giving the snow dirty looks for the same reason (so much work to be done)...

Chicks... little peeping balls of fluff... :love

I really want more chicks. My girls will be 2 and 3 years old this spring/summer. I have come to dislike store bought eggs.

I need to work on DH to enlarge the coop first... Yeah, if I go by the standard of 4sf in the coop and 10 sf in the run suggestion, I have have room for 4 more birds as it is right now. But I want a bigger coop so that I can make it easier/better for everyone, me included.

But chicks... oh, my...
So hard to just have a few. We will need to do a new coop, there just isn't room to expand where this one is. We have been so lucky with no critters getting in, but soo much work to dig down deep to keep them from getting under. How do you expand yours?

ooo, cool. So many pretty chickens. Can't wait to see your follow up.
I couldn't find a suitable Swedish flower hen stock and the one I did find she won't send eggs till late spring.

So I ended up getting some Phoenix hatching eggs on ebay. And incubated the Phoenix and my own flock at the same time.

20230303_204557.jpg

20230320_190750.jpg
20230320_190912.jpg

I bought some chicks and quail locally, and here's what I got:

- 4 French Black Copper Marans
- 1 Buff Orpington
- 4 Americaunas
- 2 Olive Eggers
- 1 Buff Brahma
- 1 Dark Blue Silkie
- 1 Black Silkie
- 1 Lavender Maran
- 2 Barnevelders
- 1 Mottled Japanese Bantam
- 1 Black Japanese Bantam
- 1 Black Tail Buff Japanese Bantam
- 1 Barred Japanese Bantam
- 6 Jumbo Brown Coturnix Quail
- 6 White Coturnix Quail

I'm also planning on putting some Lavender Orpingtons and Lavender Orpington Bantams in the incubator in a few days. ❤️

Back
Top Bottom