anyone else hatching on the 26th?

Ooooooooooo, I'm getting excited! Chicky Tocks eggs are from my hens. I just had 16 out of 18 of my Cuckoo Marans hatch on the 22nd. Good luck to all of you!

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

I'm officially done. I tossed the remaining eggs today.

The grand total-

16 set
8 ameraucanas (shipped)
3 welsummer mutts
3 buff orps
2 mille fleur d'uccles

2 ameraucanas hatched
1 ameraucana pipped, died in shell
5 ameraucanas had no development

1 welsummer pipped, had to be helped out of shell. Still weak, but coming along.
1 welsummer pipped, died in shell
1 welsummer had no development

1 buff orp died in shell
2 buff orps no development

2 mille fluers developed to mostly done. I think they died on day 20. Both still had some yolk to absorb.

sad.png

Not a great first hatch. Three of 16 made it out.

Now I need to decide whether to try again or just wait for someone to go broody.

Congrats to all with chicks and condolences to those with problems.

I'm starting to get antsy, something should (well ok, *could*) be starting to happen any time now, but in point of fact, nada. Which is fine in principle but getting on my nerves
tongue.png
My temperatures have been good this time but I can't seem to get the humidity up beyond about 75% now... hopefully that'll be adequate. Not much I can do at this point but wait and see. <sound of teeth-grinding>

(UPDATE: 1 hr later, I have 2 pips, and some peeping! w00t!
big_smile.png
)

Continuing best wishes to everyone with eggs still in there,

Pat

Last edited:
Woo hoo! I now have 3 peepy chicks staggering around the 'bator, plus another sprinter that went from barely pipped at 3 a.m. to nearly fully zipped and out by 8 (it probably *is* out now, I'm just tired of going up and down the basement stairs
tongue.png
)

None of the remaining six eggs shows any pips (although the hatchlings are now bowling them around enough I could easily be missing something) but there's still time, and at least I know I got 4
big_smile.png

It's ok for the temperature to sag down a little, like to 98.5-99.0, yes?

Hope y'all are doing well too,

Pat

I have a bator full that I set on the 6th. Nothing is happenening in there!! Not sure what the problem could be, everything was fine for the whole incubation period. This is only like my 4th hatch, but still, I always had at least something goin on by now.
sad.png

Quote:
Don't give up yet. My first hatch I had 14 eggs. Five hatched, one of those died and all but 2 of the ones that didn't hatch died near the end of incubation. It was so sad. I had a bunch of dead babies.
My second try I had 12 and only 1 hatched and it is a midget. She is doing very good but is still small. She 's healty, eats well and does fine. Just a midget pullet. Thats her name actually Midget. Then my third hatach, the bator spiked to 104 overnight and I just unplugged it and tossed the eggs.

My husband bought me a new LG for my birthday and I'm trying it again.

Back
Top Bottom