anyone else hatching tonight?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by simplysophie, Nov 4, 2011.

1. simplysophie

simplysophie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2011
    Our one egg left has pipped and just made a biggy crack from the hole and we can see her beak. Unless we can change my moms mind shes going to be Sherlock, [​IMG] any ideas? [​IMG] please hatch soon!!!!! [​IMG] and healthy!!!!!!!!! and be A GIRL!!!!!!!

2. BooBear

BooBear Chicken Cuddler

Oct 7, 2010
    Conroe, Texas
    grats

I have 1 chick out, 1 pipped, and I think I saw another egg rocking. Sure hope I get a good hatch.

Got a couple of broodies in the broody pen with wee chicks of their own that I plan to sneak these under so they can have nice warm momma and step siblings.

3. Garrisonkidsduo2

Garrisonkidsduo2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2011
    Williford, Arkansas
    Mine are suppose to hatch on Monday. I haven't heard any peeping. This is my first incubation try to.

4. heatherindeskies

heatherindeskies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2010
    SE Minnesota
    awww, good luck. You staying up all night with them?

5. CanChaser

CanChaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2011
    Hiawatha kansas
    I'm so excited! We have pipping!!!!! Our baby ducks r starting to pip! I hope it goes well! I can hear a couple of them peeping and see them moving!!! Happy dance!

6. simplysophie

Aug 16, 2011
    She hatched but we're not sure if its her umbilical cord or intestines that are on her butt..... please say prayer that its not intestines..... [​IMG]

7. simplysophie

Aug 16, 2011
    She hatched. Its her........................... umbilical cord! She was the only one out of three to survive the entire process! Go sherlock! My dad says: That is so ugly, when I blow my nose i get stuff that looks better than that. Men....

8. hmlongino

hmlongino Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2009
    Fayetteville, GA
    Hatching tonight, as well!

But... I am totally freaked out. I am afraid my humidity shot up too high for the last 2 days (our first hatch was early yesterday and it increased the humidity) and I am afraid the rest drowned!!!

What humidity are you hatching at??

Ugh. I seriously feel ill. 27 eggs at lockdown (they were alive when I candled them at day 18 before lockdown), 11 hatched, but no action out of the other 16 since midday today. [​IMG]

9. BasicallyHeather

BasicallyHeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2011
    Lowellville, Ohio
    Awww, there's still time... don't give up! To tell you the truth, we didn't use a hygrometer at all. I tried to buy one at a couple of places without any luck. I do plan on buying one before I ever set another clutch. I just made sure that the water channels were full (we used a used still air LG with no fan, but we had an egg turner) and then on lockdown day, I put in a wet sponge and wet paper towel. We got our pip today and then Sherlock hatched about half an hour ago.

Good luck!

10. hmlongino

hmlongino Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2009
    Fayetteville, GA
    Ugh! Thank you!

Technically, tonight made day 21. But, I am so worried that the humidity was way too high. There was no condensation though.... who knows!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by