Anyone else Hatching Turkeys around the 27th of May?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by willowcol, Apr 29, 2009.

1. willowcol

willowcol Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Macclesfield NC
    I am setting 6 sweetgrass Turkey eggs from p/shall tonight. I have never hatched Turkeys before and would love a hatch buddy. I had 15 Turkey eggs from a friend in the bator but only one 1 is fetile. Hopefully I will do better with these great eggs. Anyone?

2. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    I won't be setting the next batch til next week wed. but my first hatch is in the brooder. You are going to love turkey poults.

I also have some at amazondoc's that should hatch in the next 14 days or so. They're 12 bourbon reds and a 14 Calico eggs I got on ebay. Needless to say I'm building bigger turkey pens and coops.

BEST of LUCK!

3. Scraps

Scraps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2009
    End of a dirt road...
    I have a dozen turkey eggs due to hatch on the 22nd...is that
    close enough to be your hatchin' buddy? [​IMG]

They are Bourbon red, royal palm and whitexBR. I just had 4 hatch
    last Saturday and 1 little guy came out with a 3rd foot so I'm hoping
    this time that I don't get any surprises!!

4. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    I just put 6 narragansett turkey eggs in the bator today. Due on the 27th. Thats my b-day too, thats a great b-day present from me . [​IMG]

5. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    I had four Midget Whites hatch today at a friend's house. I go to pick them up tomorrow! I have ten Bourbon Reds set a week ago or so... Hopefully some of those will hatch as well.

6. willowcol

Oct 10, 2008
    Macclesfield NC
    Yes those are close enough and it will be nice to listen how yours go. It will be a great help yeah!!

7. barnwife

barnwife Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    central Texas
    Quote:YIKES!! CULL!

three feet? got a pic? How strange!

I am hatching that week also Br crosses on the 22, , and pure bourbon reds the following week. I can't wait!

Is that close to being a hatch buddy? I might even be able to discover the secret lair of my digi cam by then....

8. nstamper2000

nstamper2000 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    HUDSON NC
    I just put 2 blue slate under my muscovey duck Sunday. LOL. I will too be your hatching buddy. I also am getting ready to put in 6 BO eggs and 3 mutt chicken eggs in the bator. I just Hatched out two baby turkey poults this past Sunday and they are precious.

9. rnoyster

rnoyster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2009
    Conway, South Carolina
    I have 6 bronze turkey eggs from Miss Prissy in my bator due to hatch on the 23rd of May!

10. willowcol

Oct 10, 2008
    Macclesfield NC
    anyone else starting to realize how slow these 27 days are going to be. I have a hard time with 21 day. Maybe I need to switch to hatching quail.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by