Anyone else Hatching Turkeys around the 27th of May?

OMG! 28 day is like a year. I have 9 Bourbon Reds ready to hatch on Monday. I swear that extra week is a killer. This is my first batch of turkeys and the suspence is awful.
fl.gif
fl.gif
I hope they make it.

You think 28 days is awful? Try a total of 32 for a staggered/delayed/disaster hatch. I went completely nuts. Saved 7 out of 11 though.

This next batch should go smoothly because I'm NOT hatching them amazondoc is.. With any luck at all the hatch around May 8th should also go well.

There are going to be a powerful LOT of turkeys running around here if most of them hatch.

I haven't checked my eggs yet. They are under my duck and she really don't like to be messed with. She is soo funny. Made her nest in an igloo dog house full of shavings. She's so smart. LOL. I just love her. I will check them probably around Wednesday. I wish I could get to them while she is off her nest but as soon as she sees me coming she runs and gets back on her nest.
lol.png

27 DAYS is FOREVER.

I have two sets of eggs BR and Calicos! hatching at Amazondocs on Wed 6th which is when I also am putting the BR eggs I have here in the bator...

Lord I need some much bigger turkey enclosures...

But oh dear I love poults.

And my first good generation of Partridge Rocks are finally producing the second generation. And the Barred to Partridge babies are on the ground. And the first generation of blue/black/splash Rocks are now three weeks. I'm going to end up with Rainbow Rocks by next year LOL.

The Delaware group of 10 week olds, eight week olds and six week olds is getting interesting and I'm sorting down this weekend.

I love both but tame turkey babies really really take the cake. OMG I'm lost and in love.

Back
Top Bottom