anyone else hate snowdays?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by bufforp89, Feb 1, 2011.

1. bufforp89

bufforp89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    Chenango Forks NY
    Dont get me wrong, loved them as a kid but now.....what a huge pain! Kids are home from school (litttle brother n sister) meaning I cant go to work and instead get to spend my day with ill behaved children. woohoo

Not to mention all of the snow we got....now I get to shovel for an hour before I can let the birds out...and there is gonnabe more snow.....wnder if my day will get any better

2. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    I hate the shoveling part,but love the snow days since I am a sahm. I am happy any day I don't have to drive!

Hope you have a good day. I know I will be playing board games and making hot chocolate once the outdoor duties are done. My snow is a few inches of ice.Usually I complain about shoveling,but today I just might cry!

3. chicks4kids

chicks4kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    I agree with the kids being home on snowdays...sometimes it's quite nerve wracking! When all 3 of them get cabin fever, or simply just bored, that's when the chaos begins....and that's when I send them outside to play in the snow! Luckily, I stay home everyday so I don't have to worry about missing work, but I feel bad for other parents and how they always have to have "the backup plan" or simply just have to have a flexible enough job to accommodate those snow days.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by