Anyone else have lots of different animals? I can't be the only one...

We now have 10 goats, 12 hens, 3 dogs, 2 bunnies, and will get 3 yaks... Chores take a whopping 30 minutes twice a day to check on everyone, feed, clean, etc... Not too bad! And that's when only one of us goes out. It's cut in half to 15 minutes if we both go.

As long as everyone is fed on a schedule, loved, and healthy- I really don't think "too many animals" is an issue. You can be responsible or irresponsible with any number of animals. The owner/caretaker makes all the difference. (Sometimes the facilities, too)

wow 40 snakes, that must be one heck of a reptile room and one heck of an electric bill!
but its a stunning sight to see though...
i love snakes, but i dont think id get more involved than say a corn snake...i want a pink one!

5 horses, 3 dogs, 4 barn cats, 5 chickens (soon to be more!), 2 peacocks, 2 pot bellied pigs, 3 guineas for now. soon to have some sheep, turkeys, and maybe a cow!
big_smile.png

mom2jedi- i am right there with ya! growing up, my brother always made a joke saying that if i could i would have a dolphin in the backyard
gig.gif
and hes probably right. i would have every farm animal imaginable and then some. people totally ran away with this thread and made it something it wasnt meant to be, just ignore it! i love all the work and responsibility that comes with it all, and i would DEFINETLY prefer spending time with my animals rather than people.

yippiechickie.gif

I am an animal lover. We live on 25 acres. I stay at home and we are financially doing well. I have a dog, 3 cats, 3 horses, a bunny and 11 chickens. I would love to have a goat, a donkey and maybe another ferret. But my problem is finding someone to take care of them when we go out of town. So I try to limit myself (so so very hard!).
One solution I have found to help me is that I volunteer at a wildlife rehab clinic. I get my animal fix and go home!

*cough*

All the pets in the household might seem to be a lot, but we can manage them, financially and timewise. -shrug- If you can handle it, I don't care how many pets you have.

And it's all broken down... so time isn't a problem. I (that solely care for) have 4 rats, 5 gerbils, 2 Guinea Pigs, and 2 Geckos and a fishtank. It doesn't take a lot to keep them happy, and I'm homeschooled, so I have a LOT of time. As family pets (between my parents, two brothers, and I) we have 2 dogs, 5 cats, and the chickens. My mom has her parakeets and doves.

Last edited:
I really don't think "too many animals" is an issue. You can be responsible or irresponsible with any number of animals. The owner/caretaker makes all the difference. (Sometimes the facilities, too)

I agree with this. I have seen people with one dog and leave it tied in the backyard all but forgotten.​

We have

1 horse
2 goats
4 dogs
5 cats
1 snake
20 some mice
3 fish tanks
200+ chickens
300+ pigeons
pr mute swans
15+ ducks
7 geese
6 peacocks
12 guineas
handfull of quail and phesants

We go thru 1300 lbs of chicken feed in a month.

forgot we have 2 rabbits..................i think that is all

Last edited:
I stay at home, and I have plenty of help, live in the country.

3 inside dogs
2 inside cats
1 guinea pig
2 finches

3 outside dogs
8 outside cats
2 rabbits
2 white Peacocks
love.gif

15 geese
30 or so ducks
20 or so Turkeys
quail
100 guineas
15 Boer goats, sold most of them, they were too hard for me to care for
and I'm not telling how many chickens
lau.gif

1 pot belly pig
I think that is it, we usually have a few head of cattle, and I dont do horses
hide.gif
I'm scared

Had to post here
wink.png
We have... 15 horses, 2 mini donkeys, 4 goats, 4 dogs, 2 cats, Maddie our potbellied pig, 1 turkey, 3 silkie ducks, and about 50 chickens right now. In the spring we have 2 foals coming. We don't want kids of the human kind - our animals are our children and get treated as such. Now, all but 3 of my horses are rescues, all 4 dogs were rescues, both cats were strays at one point... I am an animal person, I understand them better than I do people, and yes, my license plate surround DOES say "My Belgian draft horse is smarter than your honor student"
lol.png

To the OP, you're not alone by any means
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom