Anyone else having trouble selling duck hatching eggs this year?

Quote:
Sorry, I don't have either, I was making an observation of this year's big sellers (WH) and the usual big sellers (calls). Mine are pekins, crested rouens, and black and silver cayugas. There is only one bird that is mixed (black cayuga and rouen), but the groups are mostly integrated.

Quote:
I can say I've hatched some ugly mixes, the bird I have in mind was actually purebred (OEGB) but mixed colors. I have no idea what colors he was mixed with, I have a red rooster, a couple BB red, blue, blacks, and birchens. I have no idea who his mama was, but he was the ugliest bird I'd ever seen! Took him to auction, I think he brought $3
lol.png

Quote:
My problem is that I can't eat them, I'm allergic to any type of egg. I know it doesn't make sense to have so many birds when I can't eat egs, but I just love having them.

I did end up setting these eggs, I know I can sell the ducklings. The only problem is that now I have one bator with 30 duck eggs and 3 goose eggs, and another bator with 20 chicken eggs, 2 guinea eggs, and 16 pheasant eggs. 10 of the chickens are due on Saturday, and I only have the 2 bators
hmm.png
I probably could have waited a few days to set these eggs, but I wasn't thinking. Now I get to figure out how to fit 30 duck and 3 goose eggs in a 1588 with turner when the turner only has 11 empty cups
hide.gif
The goose eggs will fit along side the turner, but idk what to do with all the duck eggs! I have one broody hen on 3 duck eggs, I think her's are due very soon. Hopefully she is due about the same time as these chickens, I can just let her hatch them
lol.png

I've not had a problem selling eggs from my flock this year. Then again, I keep several high-demand breeds... cochin bantams, call ducks, etc. I've got several auctions for both going right now and suspect all the calls will go.

Quote:
I think calls will always be big sellers, they are just too cute to pass up! I don't have them, though if I did, I would certainly get the whites. They are the cutest in my opinion.
smile.png

But I am partial to the pekins, I'll probably always have those
roll.png

Quote:
My problem is that I can't eat them, I'm allergic to any type of egg. I know it doesn't make sense to have so many birds when I can't eat egs, but I just love having them.

I did end up setting these eggs, I know I can sell the ducklings. The only problem is that now I have one bator with 30 duck eggs and 3 goose eggs, and another bator with 20 chicken eggs, 2 guinea eggs, and 16 pheasant eggs. 10 of the chickens are due on Saturday, and I only have the 2 bators
hmm.png
I probably could have waited a few days to set these eggs, but I wasn't thinking. Now I get to figure out how to fit 30 duck and 3 goose eggs in a 1588 with turner when the turner only has 11 empty cups
hide.gif
The goose eggs will fit along side the turner, but idk what to do with all the duck eggs! I have one broody hen on 3 duck eggs, I think her's are due very soon. Hopefully she is due about the same time as these chickens, I can just let her hatch them
lol.png

I've been using my hatcher as an incubator, because of my addiction. I just had button quail hatch yesterday. I simply put them in the hatcher with the other eggs and bumped the humidity up. Doesn't seem to have bothered the chicken eggs that are/were in there. My button quail actually had the best hatch ever for me. I believe it would have been 100%, but I accidentally broke one of the eggs and bled the chick out.
hmm.png
I've never had that great of a hatch, and have almost always had to help.

Back
Top Bottom