anyone else living in the northeast sick of all this rain?

goldeneggtees

Fluffy Butt Nut
10 Years
Mar 11, 2009
Long Island, NY
Quote:Oh great! All you people in the Northwest have sent us YOUR rain!
THANKS!

Hmmm, wonder how long this pattern will continue? I was engaged to an englishman once and stayed in England and Ireland for some time and couldn't wait to come home, it was always cloudy, damp and cold. Not sure how anyone can stand that. I'm really going crazy over here! We are not used to this.

jrleader99

Songster
10 Years
Mar 24, 2009
Salem County, New Jersey
I agree that this rain is getting way out of hand. My ducks are loving this, the chickens are not too happy especially since they are all "coop'd" up, the dog doesn't like the fact that I won't go out and play, the kids want to jump on the trampoline and play on the swings, I want to get the garden cleaned up and - get this - we are supposed to go camping next week with 60 thousand of our closest friends (Creation Festival).

I hope it dries out soon!!!!

ams3651

Songster
12 Years
Jan 23, 2008
NE PA
the weather guy on tv the other day called this the summer that never was. But just wait, I bet you in july and august we will be bone dry and hot, hot, hot. Its killing me with trying to reseed my garden (rabbits apparently dont care about rain) and keep my grass done. Its funny to see on the one sunny day everyone is out mowing grass. Just 4 days in a row without rain would be nice right about now.

applefalls

Songster
10 Years
Feb 25, 2009
Cockeysville, MD
Here are some positive things my chickens and I have learned from all this rain:

*I've learned exactly where the coop was letting water in; we fixed that when it was sunny for two hours straight one day last week.

*I've learned how to tie up the tarp so that the weight of the rain doesn't pull it back down.

*My chickens have learned that the sky is NOT falling
and now they walk around in the rain and ignore it.

*I've learned that a discarded end of romain lettuce that the chickens ignored will grow new leaves when sitting in a puddle of mud in the run for two days.

*The chickens learned that a discarded end of romain lettuce with new leaf growth on it is quite delicious, even if it has been sitting in mud for two days.

augustmomx2

Songster
11 Years
Aug 31, 2008
Central Indiana
Ugh! Tell me about it! I am in the Midwest and the rain is non-stop. I guess its better to have too much rather that not enough, but still...my run is muddy & stinky

I have bought several bags of cheap-o mulch and sprinkled it in the run for a little moisture control, so far it has improved.

justmeandtheflock

Overrun with ducklings :)
10 Years
May 27, 2009
NW NJ
I have had it!!! My babies are coming Sunday or Monday and the 7 week olds are still in the brooder because we haven't been able to get the coop finished yet. It's getting there but it would have been done weeks ago if not for this never ending rain. I'm sure I will figure it out. I am hosting a picnic on Saturday for about 150 people and I had to rent one of those huge tents, luckly it's for an organization so I'm not paying for it. I am going to stop on my way home today and pick up a new rain coat and mud boots. Hopefully, that will make it stop

justmeandtheflock

Overrun with ducklings :)
10 Years
May 27, 2009
NW NJ
Oh, and I thought about lighting a fire (Yes, in late June) to get the dampness out of the house but all the wood is soaked! It is way to cold for the air conditioner.

goldeneggtees

Fluffy Butt Nut
10 Years
Mar 11, 2009
Long Island, NY
Quote:You might want to try the heat to get the dampness out!
Can you believe that? The heat in June? It's crazy. The only good thing is we haven't had to run the a/c once!

Latest posts

Top Bottom