anyone else stopped eating chicken now that you raise them?

Quote:
watch this vid on youtube:

IT MADE ME CRY!
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

And that, my friend, is why I refuse to eat chicken.
bow.gif

Quote:
And that, my friend, is why I refuse to eat chicken.
bow.gif

did you cry?

Almost.I'm more mad than sad, though. And the Town says I abuse my chickens by keeping then on 1/3 acre. And they don't give a crud what happens to those chickens.
somad.gif

I was a vegetarian before I got my chickens but have since become a "part time vegan". I only eat dairy from local farms (my chickens are not old enough to lay eggs yet). They say that if slaughterhouses had glass walls no one would eat meat.

I am not against people eating meat I am simply against the horrible life they lead in factory farms. The egg layers actually have it the worst. Very sad. I wish more people supported their local farmers instead of purchasing their meat and dairy products at grocery stores, much healthier, more humane, and you're keeping your $$ in your own county/state.

I'm already vegetarian as well, so no, I didn't stop eating chicken just because I own them now. However, I think my husband (who is not veggie) is eating a LOT less chicken - he's always buying turkey now. Maybe I need to get a few turkeys too.
smile.png

Too bad I didn't pick friendlier or showier breeds for my first foray into being a chicken mama - he'd really feel guilty if we had something like silkies walking around
smile.png

Quote:
In car sales, we called that "backing into a deal". You slowly let them take away their options until there is only one choice left.

Duck is delicious! I absolutely love it. Easily my second favorite meat (after ahi tuna which does not really run in flocks... so much).

Poach, for 6 minutes

Cool and pat dry

Season with whatever you want (bacon is great!).

Cook until done and skin is crispy.

DELICIOUS!!!!! And not greasy or oily. But when I see them running around and looking at you and being all curious... I just melt. I look at them and say "KITTY!" and hug them and think about how delicious *OTHER* ducks are. It's really self-delusion that keeps me sane. And fed.

Daugther brought dear DH KFC last week.But I had some Tyson Anytizer's today.MY BAD.DH make's me so mad
he.gif
Say's he want's a deep Fried Silkie all the time
barnie.gif
.Say's the Medicinal purpose's will help his back "Accckkkk Yea Right".Yes I'm NOT a Veggie but I won't eat any of My bird's.

Quote:
I'm NO vegetarian, but I couldn't agree more about purchasing your meat from local and reputable suppliers. We are fortunate enough to have some wonderful local producers who sell through the Farmer's Markets and the local co-op. I have started teaching classes on cooking with what is currently in season and available from local producers. This weekend I'll be teaching a cheese making class using fresh cow & goat's milk from area family-owned dairy farms. EVERYONE should try to support their local farms first, and then the other producers who mandate proper humane treatment of animals, and unmodified crops without chemicals.

Back
Top Bottom