anyone else stopped eating chicken now that you raise them?

attached_mama

In the Brooder
9 Years
Mar 19, 2010
Outskirts of Pittsburgh
We bought chickens for eggs, and now I cannot eat chicken, since I love my chickies so much.
hmm.png

anyone else have this "problem"?
lol.png

Quote:
that happens till the next time you pass by a KFC around mealtime when you forgot to eat breakfast and lunch....... Then you start wondering how to emulate Co. Sanders recipe... I like mine extra crispy please!

I continued to eat chicken for probably the first year. It has been YEARS since I ate chicken. And I also will not purchase or serve it. DS also does not eat chicken; however the rest of the family still do--just not here.

I did when I was a kid and had my first RIR. I was in the 5th grade. I ate little to no chicken for years. Of course becoming a chef has changed all that, since it's very hard to be a "No-Chicken" chef, but I still eat far less chicken than most, and only properly raised free-range chicken. I will NEVER go near KFC. I do not approve of the way they raise, treat or process their birds. XXXX has videos that will certainly make you want to eat properly raised chicken should you choose to continue to eat chicken. There is no excuse for the way they treat their birds I understand that meat birds are different than our pets and our "Eggy Girls" but humane treatment should be mandatory REGARDLESS.

Links to sites run by certain organizations who shall remain nameless but are prohibitied per BYC rules were removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chicks&Chihuahuas :

I did when I was a kid and had my first RIR. I was in the 5th grade. I ate little to no chicken for years. Of course becoming a chef has changed all that, since it's very hard to be a "No-Chicken" chef, but I still eat far less chicken than most, and only properly raised free-range chicken. I will NEVER go near KFC. I do not approve of the way they raise, treat or process their birds. *link removed* has videos that will certainly make you want to eat properly raised chicken should you choose to continue to eat chicken. There is no excuse for the way they treat their birds I understand that meat birds are different than our pets and our "Eggy Girls" but humane treatment should be mandatory REGARDLESS.

but the breading is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo tasty. That's all I'm saying.​

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom