anyone else stopped eating chicken now that you raise them?

No, I raised a meat bird and felt bad for her, but I distinguish my crazy spoiled bantam babies and that juicy delicious chicken breast with bbq sauce over it on a bed of baby red mashed potatoes
droolin.gif

I will admit that I have. I was never fond of chicken in the first place and now that I raise chickens as pets, I can barely eat a mouthful.

Last edited:
I eat more chicken BECAUSE I raise chickens. I raise a batch or two of meat chickens per year. When our current layers outlive their usefulness they will be going in the crockpot. We have had a few pet chickens and they died of old age.

I still eat chicken; probably more now that I raise it. I feel a lot better about eating a chicken that I raised than one who was raised in an commercial setting. At least I know that my chickens have a happy, healthy life.

Last edited:
Quote:
AMEN to that! we raise the same birds as in that KFC video, but mine are loving life. however, all good things have to come to an end.
I will admit though when we butcher, its awhile before I cook chicken
idunno.gif

I've found since I started with my chickens I very rarely eat chicken anymore-when we BBQ we yell to the girls "Don't worry its the other white meat !" lol 11

Back
Top Bottom