Anyone else TV-free?

chickenannie

Songster
12 Years
Nov 19, 2007
Pennsylvania
I got rid of my TV when I moved to this farmhouse and haven't missed it since. I figured some of you chicken-addicted folks might be TV-free too. Being without TV is one of the best things I ever did for myself. Anyone else?

Yep! I don't do TV either. When I met my husband, I thought that was going to be a big issue, but funny thing, he was TV free too. We do have one just to watch an occassional movie on DVD, but that's it. It's not hooked up to receive anything. We don't miss it either. I found that TV caused me a great deal of anxiety that I didn't need.

I WISH we were.
sad.png
I do let my kids watch TV....though they would really rather read or play most of the time. I, however, NEVER watch it (I mean NEVER, don't even know how to work it) and would rather put a fireplace in the space it takes up.

I was without a TV (by choice) for several years before I was married. After that, the TV came with the hubby, but neither of us watched it too much - mostly Discovery or A&E. Those were the days before the History Channel!!!

When we moved here 12 years ago we just never bothered to hook one up. Both my DH and I have library cards and we use them, but there's really not alot of extra time between the critters and work. We don't miss it at all and have no desire to have TV, but we find it funny that so many people can't imagine how we can live without one!
lol.png

I watch a few hours a week. I find it about as interesting as staring at a wall because the writers are not very creative. The garbage on tv is awful. It would be better if they just ran the old mork&mindy shows.....or some old 70's cartoons. I even liked the commercials when i was a kid. Today its hard to even figure out what they are advertising
roll.png

Yeah, people who have the TV on all the time "can't understand" living without it. My ex-boyfriend watched so much TV. I don't think he ever really got used to being at my TV-less house.

We have a TV but don't use it. My exboyfriend hated coming over
because he said there was nothing to do here because we never
turn the tv on and only have basic cable. I didn't like him much anyways.
My silkies were afraid of him and would make scared noises when he was
around.

Elly

Back
Top Bottom