Anyone else w "designer eggs" (aka mutts) in the bator? What kind?

Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Songster
11 Years
Apr 13, 2008
Indiana
I'm coming to the end of day 13. I have polish,buff orp, dominique, brahma, frizzle, silkie, mille fleur babies. They are gonna be wild lookin. I cant wait!

Last edited:
I have 4 dz mutts. I got eggs from 2 different people so i have no idea what they are gonan turn out to be! I'm keeping my fingers crossed cuz the turner wasnt turning for liek a week and i didnt realize it. The humidity has been good though so hope they all still turn out. WE're on day 18 now! I'm getting anxious.

Yes. I have mutts in the incubator. They are on day 14. Bantam mutts. They are from the hen and 2 roosters in the picture.

Mixedbantamforebay.jpg

Yup, got mutts in my bator too
smile.png
Some are a possible mixture of these breeds..... Buff Orps, Australorps, Chanteclers, Blue & Black Cochins, BLRWyandottes, GLWyandotte, Lt Brahma, EE's, Black Cochin, Blue Lace Red Wyandotte, Blue Orpington.... and the other mutts are from a friend who knows nothing about her chickens really. They just went to the Amish and said "We need chickens" LOL Looking at them though... I was thinking some look like red sex-links and she thought some of the new hens were RIR's.. most of the eggs were brown, but some were cream... we shall see
smile.png

I have Designer Chickies (can't bring myself to call them mutts LOL) The flock they come from has,

Hens: Buff orps, Australorps, Chanteclers, Blue and Black Cochins, BLRWyandottes, GLWyandotte, LT Brahma, EE's

Roo's: Black Cochin, Blue Lace Red Wyandotte and Blue Orpington

They are from Julie (jab91864) I have 18 in there and hoping all are doing well I am on day 18 and just put them in the carton and bringing up the Humitiyt. Julie says that her mixed eggs have alot of blue in them guess Mr Orp gets around LOL

My other 21 eggs are from a local girl and are Isa Browns with some EE's and a Leg Horn about 3 generations back they are all in the same bator hardly had room for my cartons LOL

happy hatching ya all

Last edited:
ZooKeeper.... that is who mine are from also!
smile.png
We will have to compare pics after hatch
wink.png
Of course... mine still have a ways to go yet
wink.png

I have 14 mutts in the incubator from my own flock. The hens are Buff orpington, silkie, dominique, ameracauna, silver laced polish, buff laced polish, and the dad to all these wonderful babies is a Silver Laced Polish.

Back
Top Bottom