Anyone else...

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Whitewinterwolf, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Whitewinterwolf

Whitewinterwolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Massachusetts
    A sucker for a sob story?
    Seriously! All of my cats are fixed, but every-time I turn around there is either a pregnant cat on the side of the road, or a little old lady with a sob story T_T
    So I end up taking in the litter and finding them homes...
    Like for instance! Yesterday I got a call from a little old lady who's daughter had up and left her with a cat and a litter of kittens. I said, sure ill help and see if a shelter will take them in. You think a shelter has an opening? No... So now im stuck with them until I can find them homes. (Not that I mind there stinking adorable)
    Am I the only person who's such a sap?
    Please say im not T_T

2. coreybee

coreybee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2011
    Nottingham, PA
    Nope you're not the only one.... that's how I ended up with my now 16 week old kitty... his mommy was hit by a car. I didn't take the whole litter, but my friend's neighbor did.

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I'm the same way... how do you think i ended up with 6 cats.. [​IMG]

4. mikensara

mikensara Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2011
    New York
    we have had missery for 9 years now he was an adult who was dumped. spca paid for shots and neutering and there was no room for him at the shelter they did however tell me to release him back into the wild. really the wild [​IMG] he was a pet that was dumped looking desperately for a home. he wouldnt leave and hung out on the porch if the door opened he ran through it we gave up eventually and let him in and took loads of time to housebreak him and expensive surgery when he became blocked with bladder stones.

5. Whitewinterwolf

Apr 11, 2011
    Massachusetts
    Quote:Oh phew, im glad im not the only one! Dang cats...Being so cute and fuzzy!

6. Whitewinterwolf

Apr 11, 2011
    Massachusetts
    Quote:Haha my neighbor said the exact same thing to me yesterday XD

7. Whitewinterwolf

Apr 11, 2011
    Massachusetts
    Quote:Oh goodness, thats one problem I have never had XD
    I just tell them that someone dumped the cat obviously and the shelters normally take them in. But you definitely had a heart of gold, I dont handle male's peeing in the house.

8. Haviris2

Haviris2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    I've taken in 7 this year, found homes for 3 of them, but can't find anyone to take the other four, so I'm out of the rescue business. If another kitten comes into the clinic to be put down because of no home, I'll have to sit on my hands and let it, it's frustrating, seems to be a bad year for unloved kittens. Two that I ended up w/ were found in the road, both apparently fallen (or thrown, pretty certain in one's case) from vehicles. Seen several other of the lucky ones that came into the clinic as little rescues (one had a bullet in his leg that was almost as big around as his leg). We don't have a local shelter, we have a dog pound, and they don't do cats.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
  9. Whitewinterwolf

Apr 11, 2011
    Massachusetts
    Quote:Ugh, thats what I keep running into! Though thankfully I just keep pestering people until they go "Ok fine!" and help me T_T
    Its so hard to see a perfectly friendly cat get put down, when there are organizations that spend $$$$$$$$ fixing a sick and nasty feral cat just to release it back into the wild...

10. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

Thats me![​IMG] thats how I ended up with 17 cats (all fixed) and I just rescued 4 homeless little kittens, wouldn't have it any other way!![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by