Anyone else's chickens just stopped laying?

Have your chickens stopped laying?

• Yes - no eggs for a week or more

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Yes - no eggs for a few days

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • No - plenty of eggs each day

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • No - still getting some eggs

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Still waiting for my first egg

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

nikon70

Hatching
6 Years
Sep 16, 2013
London, UK
I've got 4 hybrids, 2 gold stars and 1 speckled which were all laying, and about 3 days ago they all just stopped laying...

does not look like they are moulting, no red mites, no ticks, plenty of clean water, plenty of layers pellets available...

It has got cold round my way (Hendon, North London) recently so I am thinking that is the reason, and the day light is a lot less these days another contributing factor.

Just interested if anyone else is experiencing a sudden lack of eggs....

Thanks

Tom

Yes, the colder it gets and less daylight there is, the worse the egg production will be. If I were you I would get a couple of RIRs, they always lay in the winter.

HS Pye

mine have gone in strike or something for the past month. one was moulting, others so idea. but here we have had very up an down type of weather lately so after asking sounds like even farms aren't getting the usual amounts these days

Last edited:
I am wonderign the same thing... they all just stopped laying at the beginning of the month and still NOT ONE SINGLE egg... Whatsgoing on?? are they on strike? they feathers are everywhere so are they all molting at the same time? how long will this last
D.gif
ep.gif

Back
Top Bottom