Anyone ever deal with a dislocation?-updated from vet

Kris, if the bird has a dislocated hip, it will probably heal sort of as they eventually will form a sort of false joint, although they will always be very lame, that's what the vet told us. Good luck.

How is your chicken with the bad wing doing now? I have the same problem with my chicken exactly and have no idea how it happened. I have wrapped the wing to the body and put her in a small cage. Hers is also very swollen. What anti-inflammatories did she tell you to give?
Thank for your help and I hope your chicken is doing well now.

The meds she gave me was Meloxicam (sp?) and he had gotten .2ml of it for his weight, which at the time was 4.6lbs. I am pretty sure you have to get it from a vet though.

He did not do well, so we had to put him down.

The vet was pretty certain that, however his accident happened, he had something else happen to him as well. He was not able to right himself most of the time and would flop around on the ground like a fish out of water. She was guessing that he had some kind of neurological damage (we are not sure how). After 3 weeks, he still was bad and if it was just his wing, he should have been recovered at least somewhat by then.

Hope your bird recovers though. I am sure if it was just a broken bone, it should heal just fine. My boy obviously had other issues.

Back
Top Bottom