Anyone ever had adult chickens Express Mailed?

Quote:
Yes they were ok.....even the ones who were lost in the mail for an extra 2 days.
roll.png

Oh man, thats gotta be stressful!

Quote:
Yes they were ok.....even the ones who were lost in the mail for an extra 2 days.
roll.png

Oh man, thats gotta be stressful!

Yes, it was. A guy at the PO hub at the airport finally found them for me.

I've gotten some birds in the mail. They arrived safe and sound. My post office is really good with that stuff, and always calls and asks if I can come get them. They even call if I get hatching eggs
big_smile.png

Got 5 pheasants shipped overnight to me. (from different places)

What to expect?

1. Expect them to be frightened. A good strategy is to open the box either inside a small room (like a bathroom) or on a screened in porch. I opened one box in my kitchen and had a beautiful lady pheasant fly around my house for a little bit until I could catch her.
gig.gif

2. Expect them to be hungry and thirsty.

Yes, have the sender put your number on the box in big bold numbers so they can easily call you when the birds arrive.

I've had adult chickens shipped a number of times, two per box. The post office called me or even allowed me to pick them up on a
Sunday!

thumbsup.gif

NcChicks
I am getting my birds from a breeder, but I think there might be some hatcheries that ship adults.....but I don't know details.

The only thing let me not get any in mail, because the shipping prices were outrages, Murry mcmurry wanted about $59 to ship one hen and about $100 for 5 hens, I think that is way too expensive for me, after all I am just a construction worker.

Omran

Back
Top Bottom