Anyone ever had adult chickens Express Mailed?

junebug7334

Songster
11 Years
Sep 24, 2008
I am getting some adult (almost) birds from Texas.... and was wondering if anyone else has had birds Express Mailed and if so
what should I expect?

Thanks.

thanks Katy. So they were okay?
D.gif

Quote:
Yes, I had four silkies shipped from MI to NC in April and all was well. I Called the mail office and told them I was expecting them and if they could please call. They transferred my call to the guy that handled the live animal stuff and he took my # and sure enough called me as soon as he saw them. The person who sent the birds put my Number on the box as well. I brought in 2 dozen fresh donuts as a thank you and the workers were thrilled!!

Good luck and remember to get a tracking # and make sure some fruit, melon,cut grapes or something to keep them hydrated will be packed in the box for them. I had two large boxes and it worked out great!!
Beth
NC

Quote:
Yes, I had four silkies shipped from MI to NC in April and all was well. I Called the mail office and told them I was expecting them and if they could please call. They transferred my call to the guy that handled the live animal stuff and he took my # and sure enough called me as soon as he saw them. The person who sent the birds put my Number on the box as well. I brought in 2 dozen fresh donuts as a thank you and the workers were thrilled!!

Good luck and remember to get a tracking # and make sure some fruit, melon,cut grapes or something to keep them hydrated will be packed in the box for them. I had two large boxes and it worked out great!!
Beth
NC

Oh I forgot, when I got them there was an egg in there too! So I guess they did not get all that stressed out! They have been laying every since!

I've gotten adult birds by mail. I just made sure my post office was aware that I would be receiving them and when to expect them. They called me when they were to arrive. They were fine.

I had a Jersey Giant shipped overnight. I needed a pure breed roo for the flock. He is doing just fine. No, he was not full grown, but he was the size of a bantam at least. I would not hesitate to have birds shipped. Just be ABSOLUTE sure that the P.O. knows you are getting a live bird and to hold it in Office until you come and get it.

Back
Top Bottom