Anyone ever make their own curtains?

My mom made her own curtains, and they actually look good!
big_smile.png

I make alot of things including curtains. I have to say few I put black-out on depeneding how dark I want the room. They hold up great and easy to wash or fix if there is a problem. I never used an interfacing on mine for support just fabric of my choice and sewing machine.....and boring night. I have some right now I need to make just cant decide what style I want but I do have the fabric bought for any kind lol.....yes I am a fabric-holic.......

As far at the scrub tops make one and only one first....I did this few yrs ago for kid for christmas and omg they were huge when she put them on. The pattern was far off on size of the top her 2x was more liek 5x. But you have good variety of fabrics and styles to choose from. Plus unless you can find em for couple bucks alot cheaper.

yuckyuck.gif

I have a great book, So Simple Window Style. If you need visuals and easy directions, it's a good one. Your library should have something similar.

A really easy way to make curtains is to use drapery clips. They are rings with spring clips attached that slide onto the rod. Just hem your fabric on all sides and hang it with the clips, no rod pocket sewing needed
wink.png

I made curtains and drapes for the first house that we built. We sold that house and I made curtains for the rental that we lived in for a couple of years. We are finishing up with the construction of our new house and I am making curtains and drapes for it. The first time I made drapes was a lot of blood, sweat, and tears. But now I'm getting the hang of pinched pleats!

I've made lots of them but never pinch pleats -- helped my mom do this once and it's a bit of a pain. I've lined them on occasion. I'd probably do tab tops with some plain old (heavy) interfacing at the top if I made any now.

I've made my own curtains. I lined mine since I hate blinds. I didn't make a pocket on top for the curtain rod since I used ring clips instead. It was very easy to do, and the are some good videos on you tube if you need a visual.
smile.png

Bluemoon

Back
Top Bottom