Anyone ever order from Ideal-poultry?

I got this response"Yes, your order was shipped today. You should receive it by Friday morning."

YAY, i should have my little chickie soon soon
Thank you everyone

Last edited:
I ordered from them twice this year, and both times only one chick from each order died... actually the one that died in the 2nd order was a chick from a friends order but they were in the same box. Still I was very happy and will order from them again.

Last edited:
When you get your chicks and you are happy with the outcome, call ideal and tell them.

I did this and just this week I got a "special email" from them and I am thinking of taking advantage of this.

I place my order for French Guineas early in the year. Next year i will do the same.

I can not raise a boat load of them and integrate them into my flock, so I order 5 to 10 each year.

The french is a domestic breed and I do not know alot about them other than they are GREAT birds to have around the flock and they take up ANY new Guinea i throw in with them.

My Guinea fowl are a looney bunch. One day I AM going to get that pic of them herding the barn cat back to her lair. It is hilarious.
I have never heard such a ruckess.

Congratulations. Please post some pics when you get them.

I have ordered from Ideal. I lost one chick shortly after I got them but the rest were healthy. One chick that was susposed to be a pullet turned out to be a Roo.

Don't forget to tell them that you appreciate them as a BYC sponsor!
big_smile.png

I ordered from them and my only "problem" was that my chicks came on Thursday instead of Friday. A day early, but it actually ended up working out better for me, just had to change my plans a little.

Here's my 6 week old babies from Ideal. (I started with 18 and have narrowed them down to 7)

32336_dsc07961.jpg

Love them!

Well i thought i would let you know they are already here in AZ just waiting for the post office to actually open so i can go get them, they called to let us know.
I can't wait 20 tell 9am

We have them, and they seem to be doing ok, the last one out of the box barred rock decided i was to slow and jumped out (lucky not to have jump out on the side that would have been a big drop because they were on our table).
One black sex link and americona seem very sleepy although the sex link has perked up some but then was sleeping on her side not sure if that is ok???
The ameracana i can't get to take a sip yet all the others have, she is rather larger to to be sleepy, the sex link in smaller that is so sleepy.
ok here some pictures(orange Barred rock, purple BO, Green americana, all black sex link)

8-13-09005.jpg

8-13-09004.jpg

8-13-09001.jpg

these are the two I'm most worried about
8-13-09003.jpg

Ok well that wasn't very long the little black chick i was worried about passed
sad.png
I don't know how ready i was for that she drank a little. the rest seem happy and are running about and then resting the one americana I'm still a bit worried about seem suborn not to drink got her to take like one drop, but at least she not laying on her side she sanding and sleeping so that's good right?

Do you think the little black one just the shipping was to hard or something, the other were pecking at her a bit maybe they know?

Back
Top Bottom