anyone ever seen a chicken egg this small

sarabeth

Songster
11 Years
Sep 24, 2008
Mammoth Spring, AR

the first egg is a pullet egg the middle is the smallest i have ever seen and the last is a leghorn egg
the next pic is the smallest one next to a pop can tab

Mahonri

Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
May 14, 2008
North Phoenix
My Coop
Our hens just started laying and we've gotten a few that small.... but all of ours but one have had yolks.

sarabeth

Songster
11 Years
Sep 24, 2008
Mammoth Spring, AR
it had a yolk in it very small yolk im wondering if i could have hatched it. it was from a regular size chicken cause i dont have any small breeds.

therealsilkiechick

ShowGirl Queen
12 Years
Jul 18, 2007
Northwestern, pa
i have had white silkie pullets lay them that small, kinda funny they can lay a pullet egg smaller than my serama's lay eggs,lol. all have had tiny yolks except 1 it had just whites.

my 4 year old jelena
's them. her nickname is sissy and when she see's them when she helps me collect eggs, it's momma look
they laid me a sissy size egg!!!
she always get's them for breakfast,lol. course i still got to make her momma sized eggs too.

edit for spelling

Last edited:

LisaJean

Songster
12 Years
Sep 30, 2007
Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
Awww, it's a fart egg! One of my girls laid one of those when she was really young.

It's just a fluke. It doesn't mean there's anything wrong with your hen, it just happens when a small bit of tissue in the oviduct is mistaken for a yolk, and the albumen and shell are formed around it.

Top Bottom