Anyone ever seen a Singing Orpington? Yes I have one pic included

Move over Pavarotti, the next tenor is coming!

Tickets to the MET would get this guy going and bring your Orp Ladies to the event too. All black and white coat and tails, opera dresses and stoles please! Opera eyeglasses are welcome!

thumbsup.gif
Can you imagine how that would have looked if the hens in pic #1 were turned the other direction, looking at him. Even great singers enjoy singing with a good backup.

Yes you can get a visual on several ideas.
big_smile.png

HappyMtn the roo and one hen will be a two years old later in the Spring but the rest of the girls are pullets for till next month.

four or five generations with Blue Boy Blood. I sold Blue boy off last year which was hard cause he was a pet. We needed the room and I just didn't have a extra pen to keep him. He had finally got so big he couldn't breed to well and I was getting no fertile eggs from him. It was sad. Hard on my DH cause he was a favorite for him. He was always a very good natured fellow.

Quote:
Sounds like Doc. lolol He is so sweet. A very nice Bamma Blue. Julie, we are having a double show in Bloomington in April, it would be ashame for me to not show him for you. I know you and Imogene don't get a chance to show alot. And I would be honored to show Doc at this Gateway double show with full disclosure of who bred and raised him. We all know Doc will do very well. It would justify how great your doing with your birds.

383405723.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
I would not blame you one bit! He was one goreous stud and glad someone got him for a pet. After all, he was doing his best for you but it was not working out for you on the business end. Did you line breed to half brothers to half sisters or father/daughter or mother/son breedings to get where you were expecting at this generation?

Bill you need to get a updated photo that is better on light. I am sure he gets prettier by the day. I have seen several peoples cockerels out of my flock from last year and their are some really nice ones. i have a few little one week olds that are just huge and big broad heads and i know they are cockerels and I hope they look just like their Sire.

Back
Top Bottom