Anyone ever tried freezing their ducks eggs?

Miss Lydia

~Gift of God ~ Eternal Life ~John 3:16-17
Premium Feather Member
14 Years
Oct 3, 2009
Mountains of Western N.C.
I was wondering since I have seasonal layeres{Muscovy} that I may try to freeze some of their eggs about a months worth right before they finish laying for the year, that way I'd have plenty for baking for Thanksgiving and Christmas. anyone ever do this? Found this on how to do it.
http://www.stilltasty.com/questions/index/78

Last edited:
Hey, im going to
big_smile.png
I want deviled eggs.... Only with homegrow duck eggs for thanksgiving
big_smile.png

well, looks like I cant do that (it was my moms idea....)

But you usually use a differnt amount of eggs every time..

Lol. My mom wanted to freeze whole eggs, and make devled eggs with them later.... I dont think it will work...

Quote:
If no one has i could try it out for you. I have a few runner eggs left i could put in there and should know by next month if it worked or not.

Thanks, since I am duck egg shy right now, that would be great and maybe someone has already tried to and will weigh in also.
smile.png

Quote:
If no one has i could try it out for you. I have a few runner eggs left i could put in there and should know by next month if it worked or not.

Thanks, since I am duck egg shy right now, that would be great and maybe someone has already tried to and will weigh in also.
smile.png

I have about 5 left but my runners are done for right now. If no one has weighed in that has actually done it by the time i get off work tonight i will start it when I get home. Should be a neat activity lol.

Quote:
smile.png

I have about 5 left but my runners are done for right now. If no one has weighed in that has actually done it by the time i get off work tonight i will start it when I get home. Should be a neat activity lol.

it will be interesting to see how they hold up. sounds like it would work.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom