Anyone ever used a Steam Mop? Pros Cons , Reviews of these 2

I got one for Christmas and so far I like it alot. Most of my house is laminate floors and it sure beats pulling out the mop and bucket every other day, I have 5 messy kids. Its also easier on my back and thats a huge plus since I'm preggo with twins.

Quote:
My Living Room and Dining/Kitchen are not overly large so I am hoping to be able to do them without having to change the pad. Eventually we will have laminate in the spare room, also have it in both bathrooms, but again they are not huge so should be ok with one pad per cleaning.

Quote:
mine doesn't put out much water at all. My floors are dry within minutes.

This sounds great, we have 6 dogs and live in GA where it is generally wet in the winter, so you can imagine the mess when I use my Swiffer, which takes awhile to dry and then a dog or the hubby comes in from outside and brings in wet Red Georgia Clay Mud in.....YUCK! Dry in a few minutes is a much better option.

Ok - might have to see about one of those coupons and then next paycheck I'm getting one. I have 3 dogs and 3 cats and they track in snow right now that of course melts to dirty water.

Floors are all tile or hardwood with the exception of one room.

Can't wait!

My mom has a re-conditioned Shark that she bought at Big Lots. Sometimes they have pretty good coupons on their website. Hers wasn't very pricey, she uses it quite a bit because of her 4 dogs.
Slinky

I have a Haan but have not used that much yet but it seems like it would run out of water faster than a different kind I had numerous years ago for vinyl floor. I got the Haan because it can be used on wood laminate which is what most of my house is and got the carpet attachment that I haven't used at all.

I love my Bissell steam mop!! Dh got one for Christmas for me last year,(need it, arthritis, fibro and I hate dragging out the regular mop) and I have used it so many times! It's very lightweight, uses only steam to clean with and comes with two machine washable pads that have held up very well with a lot of use and washing.
I hate mopping even more than I hate folding laundry, but with the Bissell, I find excuses to use it.
tongue.png

The only thing that will need to be replaced soon is the water filter but that's because we have well water that is very hard. Can't say enough good things about this mop!

Back
Top Bottom