Anyone expecting a shipment from McMurray's this week?

I shared an order from MM with another local lady. She got a call from the PO at 7:00 this morning saying they were here. So apparently, the holiday didn't really affect things.
woot.gif

My chicks came this morning, PO called at 5:30am
should have been 51 but they were short my 5 rose comb brown leghorns (bummer!)
sent 1 extra black star and 1 extra blue andaulsian
1 DOA chick (GLW), everyone else was doing well when I dashed off for work, will go home at lunch to check them.
need to figure out my rare chick, I can't remember here at work exactly what he looks like, looks like he could be one of a few breeds, will post later.

Spookychick, I also live in Washington (Issaquah area) and I'm getting so antsy about my chicks arrival!

We spilt the order with a good friend of ours down the road, and she had to put down all of her information instead because I'm only 17
tongue.png

But she wouldn't have gotten the call because they leave for work around 5 am! So I'm worried, but she gets home from work soon (30 minutes) and I'll have her check her caller ID and messages. If not, I'm calling the PO.

Oh, and question. Do we pick them up from the PO near us or the big one down by the airport? haha.

idunno.gif

Quote:
You should definitely call the post office.

I got a call at 7:00 this morning.
wee.gif
Unfortunately, I think the babies were there all night.
barnie.gif
They were very cold. 3 DOA. 3 more were so cold and not moving at all I thought they were DOA as well. Once I realized there were still breathing I tried to warm them, and get some nourishment into them with a syringe. One didn't make it. The other two I'm hopeful, but they're still really weak. Another has a deformed leg, and doesn't want to eat, although will drink if near water dish, and is standing. Four others are weak, but I think they will pull through. I'm hand feeding about six at the moment with a syringe. Poor little fuzzies.
sad.png

The rest are doing great. I ordered 39 and MM added in 2 more freebies - a Cuckoo Marans, and a rare exotic? Wish my post office would have called me yesterday!

Last edited:
Spookychick :

A few minutes after i posted, i called the post office and they sounded displeased with the fact that there were live chickens there.

Anyways, We picked them up an hour ago and 2 were DOA. 1 Golden Laced Wyandotte and the other was an Ancona. D: The other Ancona was weak but once we gave her some sugar water, she came back to a normal chick attitude.

The gave us an extra Columbian Wyandotte male and an exotic chick which i believe is an speckled sussex male or female.

I'm so excited! and they worry me with their random napping.
big_smile.png

I got a split order with a close friend so all the live chicks together is: 3 Speckled Sussex Females, 2 Col. Wyandotte Males, 3 Col. Wyandotte Females, 1 Golden Laced Wyandotte, 1 Ancona, 1 Leghorn, 2 New Hampshire Reds, 4 barred Rocks, 2 Black Giants, 2 Buff Orp, and 4 Black Australorps.

(I'll have some trouble with tellings the australorps, giants, and barred rocks apart! Anyone want to give me some tips??)

big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom