Anyone expecting chicks in April?

I know! I wanted to get chicks as soon as I saw the ones my friend had, but I made myself wait until I knew how to care for them and how to build the coop ect. I picked mine up, so I don't know how the feeling of getting them mailed! I know all of them not making it is unusual. If you are getting them through the mail, I would strongly suggest putting elctrolytes in their water!
Oh yes electrolytes definitely! I'm still debating with myself about medicated or non medicated feed since I'd really like them to have an organic, soy and corn free diet. I've been researching chickens for almost a year now, I live at my dad's house( he lives in another area) so I basically did a lot of research prior to asking him for permission to have chickens so I could answer any questions he might have. Currently, I'm finalizing plans for the coop so we can get started on that.

Feeding medicated chick feed depends on if you vaccinated them against mareks/cocci. It helps prevent that.
They are going to be vaccinated for Marek's but not cocci.
I bought some chick supplies yesterday and my brinsea ecoglow is on the way! Getting really excited!
wee.gif
Just over a month to go, still gotta put together a brooder.....

I am starting to get together the supplies I don't already have...food and shavings.
wee.gif
I AM SO excited! 3 weeks, 1 day!
celebrate.gif

Are they your first time? This will be my second. When I read on here, "You can't resist getting more!" I thought, "Oh I'll love mine to peices, they'll be enough for me!" Yes, I love them to peices, but I can't resist fuzzy balls of peepiness!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom