Anyone experienced dead bodies?Update photos/home #149

I have seen several. First was a guy I went to school with. He shot himself through the temple in a field, and me and another friend found him still alive but barely. I had to keep his wife back as he was choking on his blood as the medics worked on him. I also watched my uncle do the same, choking on his blood, but he had scirosis(sp?) of the liver. Then the most recent was my SIL's dad who lived 2 doors down, he was there for 5 days before he was found. I went in to the house with her for comfort shortly thereafter...it was a very bad smell to say the least. The bed had to be burned, then they had a company come in and do an ozone treatment and got the smell out. I miss him, he was the best neighbor we had by a long shot. It doesn't really bother me, as I come from a HUGE family with 14 aunts/uncles and 50ish 1st cousins so the prior generation seemed to start dying as I was growing up and I attended many many many funerals in my childhood. It is comfort to know it is a fact of life from an early age.

A long time ago a friend asked me to go to his flat to have a look at his plumbing as he had a drip from the ceiling... need I go further?

Straight away the smell was obviously not bad plumbing. I asked him who lived upstairs and he said it was a single guy in his mid fifties but they thought he was away on holiday as they hadn't seen him for two weeks and maybe it was his toilet that was leaking. He wasn't on holiday and it was him that was leaking.
We called the police but I never saw this body.
The whole block of flats five storeys high was closed down until every trace had been cleaned away, new floors, ceilings, sofa etc etc. He sold up and moved out within a month of the refurbishment, he said he could still smell it although I couldn't.
There's a lot of ooze in people and gravity is a powerful force.

I once found a womans body in a river, she had commited suicide apparently but she had only been dead for a day or so, nonetheless her body was in a terrible state after having been tumbled down the river for some miles.

Numerous car crash victims while not pleasant at least look 'fresh'.

Whoever said 'Live fast, die young, leave a beautiful corpse' clearly hadn't considered that beautiful corpses don't just happen by themselves; they are made in funeral parlours.

Quote:
No I really don't know. It seems to be rather random. An African American guy was totally white, and an Indian woman was pink, a white guy was black. Soooo odd. And to think I will never know what color I am. I hope I am pink.
big_smile.png

I wonder if this has anything to do with the color of the coffin or the clothing worn for the cremation?

Here is the update:

Freaky or not, I could not see what's the sign is about but it is not in BOLD letters. Could not find his name in the obits either......something is up with that. Either we don't have his real name or need to go to the courthouse and get the person's name. They do NOT have electric for years (the box was gone), and I do not know how they kept themselves warm in the winter and fixing food. I do know that she brings in alot of ice, so it could be that they ate cold sandwiches out of the cooler. I really don't know the details.

Well she has not reside in it since the first day....her car was gone and house only entered whatever she needed out of the house, nothing else. I am not sure where she is living but certainly with friends and families. She must have taken the dog with her because there was no poops or wastes on the driveway, the dog's favorite place to eliminate.

Maybe this week, she will have her possession taken care of.

Would this "reason" of the house not livable be in the court records???????? No one except the city official has come by and since then, it was quiet.

As for myself, I am doing ok now since the shock wore off.

Last edited:
I have to admit, I am afraid of death. I am afraid of my mom and dad dying or my husband dying. I don't know how I would be able to move on from the deaths of the 3 most important people in my life. I am 36 years old and I still call my parents up for advice or to vent or whatever. I am afraid of dying myself! I never went to funerals as a child. I didn't go to my first funeral until I was 24 and it wasn't someone I knew. Then I have only been to 3 more since. One was my 16 year old neice who died in a car accident and the last one was my grandmother.

I think the color a body is depends at least for a little while, on the immediate cause of death, but then after that, it's just plain old decomposition at work.

I think in our culture we have attempted to distance ourselves from death over the years. I think that is what leads to a lot of the fear of death. For some, fear of death becomes like a phobia. Certain mentions of it, thinking of one's own fate, causes tremendous anxiety.

Fear of death is I think something that children sort of work through and learn over time to handle. If it's treated openly.

My friend was telling me this story of her 3 year old daughter. She had her pull toy/sitting pony toy up on the couch. Mom said, what's Pony doing on the couch.

DD said, 'He's gravely ill' (this is 3, mind you. GRAVELY ILL).

A little while later, she saw daughter dragging it on its side, across the yard, singing very slowly a very miserable, sad sounding song.

She asked what happened.

'He DIED. He DIED.'

Next, we are shoveling dirt over Pony and of course, the answer to the question is, 'It's a funarum'.

Mom went along with it, and just allowed it to happen. Her daughter, very solemnly and on her own, figured it out. She said that it's best to just be very open and accepting and let them.

Last edited:
Search the County Auditor's site for property records. That'll tell you who owns the house. Public records can net you the name of the deceased as well. No obit is not surprising; they aren't cheap to publish.

Quote:
I understand. I used to feel this way too. My greatest fear when I was little was that my father would die and I'd be stuck with my mother. Daddy was 25 yrs. older than mother so it was an actual concern. Mother wasn't a bad person, just didn't know how to raise a child and I never bonded with her. Sure enough, my father died as the result of a car accident when I was 14 yrs. old. He was the first person that I ever saw dead and it was terrifying. It was horrible, but it made me so strong and believe me, I've needed that strength for myself and many others in the 38 yrs. since.

I finally realized that those we love remain part of us forever. The body after death is just dust or ashes. The part that makes us who we are is eternal.

Back
Top Bottom