Anyone familiar with Black Bears (poop pic)...

Norcal527

Songster
Mar 22, 2019
Sacramento area
I found this in my yard just now. I live in a wooded rural community in the Sierra Nevadas so there are definitely bears nearby but our subdivision has quite a few homes and I haven't seen any bear damage (trash overturned or anything like that)...does this look like bear feces? I'd say it was about 6-8 inches long so not sure what else it could be. There have been some mountain lion sightings near the community lake but this doesnt match cougar dropping pics I found online. Thoughts?

Attachments

• 20190331_173035.jpg
    20190331_173035.jpg
    670.3 KB · Views: 35
You might want to break it open and inspect for vegetation that hasn’t broken down like seeds. I am no expert in black bears as we have none in our ecosystem in Indiana.

Black bear poop I have seen is filled with seed and berries and it is more like a pile , not elongated and kind of folded looking, google elk poop, you will see what I mean

Black bear poop I have seen is filled with seed and berries and it is more like a pile , not elongated and kind of folded looking, google elk poop, you will see what I mean

All the elk feces I am seeing are pellets. That looks more like brown bear than elk. A bears feces change depending on what they are eating at the time. Especially a black bears.

Back
Top Bottom