Anyone from Louisiana?

Joan.. I'm just 10 minutes from Benton, on the north side of Cross Lake!

I drove past a house in Shreveport, with a small chicken coop on the front porch, and I almost stopped to ask if they were on BYC!

Hi Dorothy - Welcome to BYC. I still have my home and most of my "stuf" in Covington but moved to Woodville, MS in December. Also have a home in Baton Rouge that is up for sale. I'll be selling my home in Covington because I've decided I love it too much here on the old plantation/farm in Woodville to ever go back to "city" life. Covington used to be small town but grew too much after Katrina. Woodville is 45 miles outside Baton Rouge, north on Hwy. 61.

Hi Ruth. Everywhere is growing up since Katrina. I am glad that I am out of city limits and on approx. 37 acres. I do have other family members that live on the property also, but no-one close enough to hear my toilet flush......lol

I can remember going to Woodville, MS whenever I was a little girl. I had family that lived over there, but have since then moved back to LA.

Dorothy

Hey :) I am also from Louisiana. About an hour north of Alexandria. I don't have chickens yet...but will in the next week or two. I am so glad to see so many people from Louisiana here. I have been reading for a few days now and wondering if there was anyone here from my area :) I can't wait to meet everyone and get started :)
Anita

Hi Anita & welcome!! I am having so much fun here reading -- do more reading than posting, the search engine yields such a ton of information!
Where are you getting your chicks from?
I went through a mild panic Friday night when that big storm line moved through; we lost power for about 3 hours & I was worried for my blue cochin eggs in the bator--Sat morning I could NOT stand it another minute so grabbed 4 eggs & went into the closet & candled them--saw definite moving embryos so big sigh of relief!
I am going to be a total wreck this week-they are due to hatch Saturday...
my Meyer babies are all doing great at 1 week old! I have to figure out how to post pics.
Maybe one of these days we can have our own chicken meet since we have so many members!

We have talked to a man in Alexandria at one of the feed stores. I haven't went and looked yet to see what he has...but thats where i was told to look in my area. Any suggestions on somewheres else?
We were trying to get things together this weekend and then my husband got called to work(oilfield service company)so things are on hold till the middle of next week probably.
We had a bad storm come thru here Friday night...but it was over quick and we didn't loose power...but I'm sure it didn't help the people down on Old River that are worrying about flooding.

welcome-byc.gif

Hi and welcome. Glad you joined the fun.

Dorothy

Thanks for the welcome :) I don't need any roos though :) Where do you get your chickens from? Someone local? You are only about an hour and a half from me.
Anita

Hi everybody. Just registered a few minutes ago. I came here because this is my first time raising chickens. I have a lot to learn. BTW - I live in the Southern part of Louisiana

Back
Top Bottom