Anyone from Missouri?

Hello Nicks~ and welcome. I am like 10 miles east of you
smile.png
I have 30 chicks of various varieties and am not (keeps telling herself that) getting anymore, lol. I don't even have my coop up yet. We have been working on it but have run into a snag with the rafters. I bought an 8x12 wooden shed from Sutherlands and the rafters are to have a 104" span and mine are 106"
barnie.gif
All my measurements are correct, I've checked a dozen times and can't figure it out. We are gonna see if we can get someone out over the weekend to help.
fl.gif

Have fun with your addiction to BYC, if you don't have it you will trust me
frow.gif

Welcome Nicks. There are a few of us close by. If you need anything just ask. Better get those horses ready it time for trail riding.
smile.png
I'm from Texas too.

Last edited:
Cluckychick, is the one you have athe 8' x12' storage barn plan gable type roof with 2 skids or 5? i got the one with 2 skids but i havent started putting it together yet was it diffcult?

shed.jpg

This is what it's going to look like when (hopefully soon) we get it together but be 8x12 and have a few alterations like windows, only 1 door will open and then the chick door and we are gonna put it on concrete blocks. If the weather would only cooperate. Will probably get it up Saturday but I really wanna go to the swap in Sedalia, lol.

Warrensburg Mo here.
We have chickens (125 last coount), turkeys (I am looking for more Bourbon Red turkeys), geese, quail, muscovy ducks, cows and pigs.

Not in Missouri, but SE Nebraska. My wife has alot of family in KC area - Independence, liberty, Belton, Olathe. I have around 200 birds as of right now.

The Sedalia show will start right at 8 am I believe since it is a one day show and get over around 5-6 pm. The swap takes place on the south side of the show barn and there is usually a good amount of birds in the show barn as well that exhibitors have brought to sell. Very good breeders down there in missouri so usually some quality birds to be bought!! The swap runs the same as the show, but as always - the earlier you are there the more selection.

Take care,

Welcome Gus. I have some Narrgansette turkeys. Also a bunch of poults on the way. I hope all goes well.
Thank you for the show info. That really helped.

Back
Top Bottom