Anyone get Easter Egger's from Meyers Hatchery?

mags2009

Songster
13 Years
Aug 8, 2009
Wisconsin
I just wondered if you did, if yours lay blue/green eggs? Mine are too young to lay yet, but wondered how everyone else has fared with them.

Quote:
Eight months and no eggs??????
hit.gif
My EE's will be 20 weeks right at Christmas. Should we definately NOT expect any eggs from them????

Our beautiful Butterscotch from Meyers Hatchery also lays the palest minty colored eggs. Sometimes they're more blue than green, other days the opposite. Once the egg was so pale it was almost white. She was also a late-bloomer, starting at close to 7 months old. However, she lays 6 eggs a week regularly. She's also my only lap chicken, often pressing up against my legs like a cat and looking up at me with that pretty fluffy face until I pick her up and lay her across my lap, where she dozes and melts into a fat chicken puddle on my legs. We just love her!

My EEs from Cackle all started laying between 5 and 6 months. Only 1 blue egg, a couple of pink eggs and lots of medium green ones.

Quote:
Eight months and no eggs??????
hit.gif
My EE's will be 20 weeks right at Christmas. Should we definately NOT expect any eggs from them????

Our other one started around 19 weeks and is a fairly regular layer. They could be laying by Christmas, but EEs can be late bloomers.
hmm.png

Quote:
We should start a pool to see which one of our EEs takes longer to lay. Ours is technically 35 weeks and we are hoping for an egg by Easter.
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom