Anyone get Easter Egger's from Meyers Hatchery?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by mags2009, Nov 19, 2009.

1. mags2009

mags2009 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2009
    Wisconsin
    I just wondered if you did, if yours lay blue/green eggs? Mine are too young to lay yet, but wondered how everyone else has fared with them.

2. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    I had one she layed beautiful mint green eggs

3. hen-thusiast

hen-thusiast Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Utah
    We have two from Meyer's. One lays beautiful green eggs.... the other is 8 months old and hasn't laid yet.

4. mags2009

mags2009 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Quote:Eight months and no eggs??????[​IMG] My EE's will be 20 weeks right at Christmas. Should we definately NOT expect any eggs from them????

5. The Zoo

The Zoo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2009
    Hayward, CA
    My EE didn't lay until she was over 26 weeks old. But neither did my BPR.

6. thespinningcottage

thespinningcottage Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2009
    Arcadia, Florida
    Our beautiful Butterscotch from Meyers Hatchery also lays the palest minty colored eggs. Sometimes they're more blue than green, other days the opposite. Once the egg was so pale it was almost white. She was also a late-bloomer, starting at close to 7 months old. However, she lays 6 eggs a week regularly. She's also my only lap chicken, often pressing up against my legs like a cat and looking up at me with that pretty fluffy face until I pick her up and lay her across my lap, where she dozes and melts into a fat chicken puddle on my legs. We just love her!

7. LindseyM12

LindseyM12 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    North Carolina
    I got I EE named Joy She hasnt layed yet and she is almost 40 weeks old. [​IMG]

8. Joyryder

Joyryder Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    Scandia, PA
    My EEs from Cackle all started laying between 5 and 6 months. Only 1 blue egg, a couple of pink eggs and lots of medium green ones.

9. hen-thusiast

Apr 8, 2009
    Utah
    Quote:Eight months and no eggs??????[​IMG] My EE's will be 20 weeks right at Christmas. Should we definately NOT expect any eggs from them????

Our other one started around 19 weeks and is a fairly regular layer. They could be laying by Christmas, but EEs can be late bloomers. [​IMG]

10. hen-thusiast

Apr 8, 2009
    Utah
    Quote:We should start a pool to see which one of our EEs takes longer to lay. Ours is technically 35 weeks and we are hoping for an egg by Easter. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by