Anyone Gluten, Dairy, Caffeine, or Corn Free? How about all of them :P

Quote:
No, that is TOTALLY funny...
lol.png

Have you tried corn noodles? The rice turn to mush but my daughter loves the corn noodles.

gig.gif
I feel like a ditz. I just thought, "Oh, we should TOTALLY try those!" I then remembered:

A) My siblings can have wheat pasta, for WHATEVER reason. Cooked pasta doesn't affect them.
And B) We can't have corn.

Wow, I've had a long day.
roll.png

Quote:
Have you tried corn noodles? The rice turn to mush but my daughter loves the corn noodles.

gig.gif
I feel like a ditz. I just thought, "Oh, we should TOTALLY try those!" I then remembered:

A) My siblings can have wheat pasta, for WHATEVER reason. Cooked pasta doesn't affect them.
And B) We can't have corn.

Wow, I've had a long day.
roll.png

Quinoa pasta is amazing! I love it. And cooked quinoa is lovely too, it reminds me of cuss-cuss

Also for those on a GF diet, we use Pamelas mix and substitute it in for regular flour.Love it. You can also get a really good price on amazon.com if you buy 3 bags...even better price if you sign up for the scheduled delivery every so many months.

I have been playing around with GF and dairy free for about a year now. I am about 80/20 now, can't quite bring myself to go the extra 20%! I'm doing it just for health/weight benefits as opposed to being intolerant. My family eats normally so I usually have to cook twice and it gets difficult sometimes to watch them eating freshly baked bread or cakes etc. I love to cook which doesn't help!

Caffeine free will never happen in this house. It's about the only thing that keeps me sane!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Is anybody completely MSG free. It is hidden is so many things!

http://www.truthinlabeling.org/II.WhereIsMSG.html

http://www.safefood.org.nz/MSG.html

http://www.msgtruth.org/obesity.htm

I admire the will power you guys have to stick to these diets! I am completely caffeine free (it causes very severe panic attacks and makes my blood pressure go extremely high. Last rip to the E.R. because the root beer I drank did indeed contain caffeine even though I asked the server to double check the label, was 211/ 101. (note: I am hypotensive, at the age of 43 I usually have the blood pressure of around 84/45 to 90/63) I am slowly trying to switch my family over to more healthy food choices, but am meeting a lot of resistance. My guy thinks that McDonald's is a food group. My guy and the kid are carb fiends! I on the other hand feel yucky when I eat carbs. I am feel perfectly full and satisfied if I eat just meat and veggies. I almost always skip the rice, pasta and potatoes at dinner. I am getting some good ideas off of this thread to try to get these guys something that is more healthy.

Quote:
Probably pretty close. The few (very few) condiments I buy are gluten, soy, and corn free which kind of defaults them to all natural. I also won't buy something with pointless added ingredients (my sour cream doesn't need guar gum thankyouverymuch) which also cleans up my diet quite a bit.

Just dairy and meat free. I do like honey so I am not vegan. Just started a month ago due to my cholesterol numbers. I swear I can just look at meat and dairy and my total C and LDL goes up.My dh eats way more dairy/meat,and his numbers are fine.

Anyone try chickpea flour? I am going to get some from an indian store so I can make wraps for my beans and/or veggies.Right now I just use whole wheat wraps. I like cous cous too.Buckwheat is good whether as groats or flour for pancakes or muffins.

I don't miss the meat much,but it has been hard without cheese and kefir.I know there is the nutritional yeast.If I ever get kefir grains again(killed mine) I will try growing them in soy,rice,almond,or coconut milks.I loved oat milk. Still looking for a good creamer for my coffee.

I have to say it has been interesting trying new foods,but I do miss some of the old stuff.If my health gets better then it is worth missing things,and with time I will miss them less.

Back
Top Bottom