anyone got weird names for there chickens??//

My son named our Silkie Rooster Feisty Grammy, our other Silkie he named Piggy, he named our Red Star Zooga. My other son wanted to name our Partridge Silkie after him so he named her Mason Fart!

names past and present...

Silkies named by my then 5 year old... Minnesota Cuke, Big head, Little head, big butt, black butt, Roger, Mark...No joke. LOL, Roger Jr, Leila, Soledad, Carmel, Vanilla
Faverolles... Mr. Fluffers, Rosey, Buffy Petunia, Loralie, Beulah, ShehSheh, Esdee (S.D.=Smart dummy-flew into the dog run, just barely got out before the dogs got to her)
Polish- Fibber Magee and Molly
Seremas... Fritz the Jerk, Ekta
GLW/SLW.... Veena, Vanna, Vonna
NH- Criptoe (she's got severely curled toes, but gets around no problem, and is one of the best mamas) Big Red
Fav x Silkie mutts... Rod Stewart, Belle Mai
Fav x with what ever... Little Pretty, David Bowie, Hawkarella, Big Guy, Fiametta
Random who know's what they are mutts... Coco Chanel, Eldee,
Cochins... Pat, Skeeter, Skatter, Scooter and Oscar the Great.

There are still several unnamed birds... I usually do not name the boys since they usually become dinner...

I had 4 speckled sussex chicks hatch last week. I tried the whole feather sexing thing....If I'm right I have 2 boys and 2 girls. My kids named the 2 girls Freckles and Hazel (after my grandma) and the boys Solder and Captain.

Well, I used to have a Wyandotte named David... which isn't a weird name until you realize that David was a hen. :lol:
And I have a guinea fowl named Yaffa Anabella... who's name I found off the internet and in some other language means 'Beautiful Grace,' which, as anyone who has seen a guinea knows, is NOT a very accurate description of guineas.

Back
Top Bottom