anyone got weird names for there chickens??//

Yay!!! I finally got my baby chickies!!!!!!
Their names aren't weird, just entirely too regal for chickens
gig.gif

So, the coop they have, ended up being pretty fancy, so of course they have to have fancy names!

Buff Orpington is Princess Buttercup
Blue Orpington is Aurora Borealis
One EE is Princess Caribou and the other is Chocolate
I have a Black Australorp named Marie Antoinette
The Barred Rock and Cuckoo Marans are Opal and Ophelia

I have one little fluffy Blue Orp/RIR mix that needs a name, any thoughts?!

I have a Wyandotte who we call Spicks but sometimes she gets the name "The lesser spotted gauldwitt", I also have 2 ducks called Gemima and Silhouette, a Sex-Link called Fondue, 2 Marans called Maranda and Marzipan and a Frizzle called Frizz Mcduff!

Hope you like em!

Last edited:
I have four that are named after hard to kill weeds cause as eggs they were a kids little experiment to see if they would hatch then she got bored with them and stopped turning them and supplying the right humidity like a week in but she still didn't want to toss them so we just waited 2 weeks till she went back to Florida went to go toss them, and four out of five started peeping at me... and that is how i got Maypop, Dandelion, Hazel, and Kudzu.

I guess they might be weird names: All are almost a month old.

3 Sicilian Buttercups; Little Sicily, The Flyin' Wop. And one that has a red double comb already! It's rather large. The Mob Boss.
2 Buff Cochins; Hansel and Gretel.
3 Turkens (naked necks); The bearde Lady, Turk (go figure) and Donald.
1 Orpington; The Orpness Monster (and a monster she is)
1 Bar Cochin; Not quite settled on one yet but Bar None and Bluebell seem to fit.

Have an awful feeling I might have several roos. Not that I mind, except for the fact that I don't want any of them hurt in the long run. Anybody think I have a Sicilian roo in the making of The Mob Boss? He (she) likes to bump chests with two others. I'd gladly keep them all if they don't fight. I raised 4 for a friend last year and knew by one month that one was a roo. They were all well-socialized but, unfortunately when I turned them over at 2 months, they didn't get that "pet" attention and the roo is a holy terror.

2 Red sex links named Daytona and Superbird (the cars?)
2 BR named Diesel and Dana
2 White Sulans named Victoria(woman from Turkey who improted them way back) and Elizabeth (Queen Elizabeths favorite pet were Sultan Chickens)
2 BLRW named Eleanor and Lee (Eleanor was the mustang in the movie gone in 30 seconds) and Lee after the general Lee in Dukes of Hazard County
2 White Cochins named Pricess and the Peach
1 EE and 1 GLW named Kassisy and Sundance (Butch Kassidy and the Sundance Kid)
I had 2 adopted girls named Elly and May (Ellymay Clampet?)
2 adopted white Rocks named Midge and Madge
and I dont remember where the other 2 names came from Sandy and Angel.

Sofa (lazy GLW)
Meaty (chunky NH as a chick)
Damien (MFD)
Naked Neck (MFD with bald neck spot)
Snowshoes (another MFD!)
Maggie and Bandit (EEs)
Seramas Cujo, Webster, Squirrely, Houdidi, Ninja, Dale, Duo, Baby Sonja
OEGBs Trouble, Dora and Dumpty
Modern GHs Sprite and 7-Up
Oompa (BO)

Back
Top Bottom