Anyone growing their own mealworms - how are you doing it....?

thepetpaw

Songster
11 Years
Jul 27, 2008
Tennessee
Anyone growing their own mealworms - how are you doing it....?

I have been giving the week old chicks meal worms and they are going crazy for them. the older chickens devour them in about 2 seconds! I cant afford these lovely candies for my babies anymore so I need to figure out how to grow them. I have read on websites about how to start but would like someone who is actually doinng it to let me wask a few questions....please anyone out there?

Thanks - I will try that way....how long did it take to get your first "homemade" meal worms after you started this "do it yourself"?

Not as quick as I would like. I was sent a generous portion of beetles and mealworm larva but the PO lost the box for 11 days!! So only some beetles were alive when I started my big tote. I checked today and I do have tiny little meal worms growing.

MissPrissy - how long has it been since you put the meal worms in the totte - I cannot believe the post office lost the box for 11 days...that is sad!

Wow that is pretty quick to have little ones already - good for you and I know your chickens will be happy! thanks for the answer - I appreciate it!

I am raising them for my quail
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom