Anyone had a chicken get stuck on its back??

How do you snap a chicken out of hypnosis? If he goes into that state on his back then do I clap and he should jump or or something?
This would make sense if the was in hypnosis. Try this- The line should start at the beak and extend straight outward in front of the chicken. If done properly, the chicken -or rooster- will be put into a state of trance and lie still for anywhere between 30 seconds to 30 minutes! To de-hypnotize the chicken just clap your hands or give it a gentle push.

How do you snap a chicken out of hypnosis? If he goes into that state on his back then do I clap and he should jump or or something?
Here is what I'd do. I'd sit there and wait if you find him on his back. If the time reaches five minutes I'd flip him as staying on their backs for too long can hurt chickens and make it difficult for them to breath. I'd try and tempt him up. Does he move his head and body? Or does he just lay there as if he is hypnotised?

Here is what I'd do. I'd sit there and wait if you find him on his back. If the time reaches five minutes I'd flip him as staying on their backs for too long can hurt chickens and make it difficult for them to breath. I'd try and tempt him up. Does he move his head and body? Or does he just lay there as if he is hypnotised?
She said that he kicks his legs, this is a good question. Try clapping and see if he snaps back into reality.

He kicks his legs and wiggles about and keeps legs upright postion. But then gives up and stays still then I help him up, but maybe he's hypnotised when he's still?... He may have been on his back for half an hour by the time I spot him, don't know.

He kicks his legs and wiggles about and keeps legs upright postion. But then gives up and stays still then I help him up, but maybe he's hypnotised when he's still?... He may have been on his back for half an hour by the time I spot him, don't know.
This is really strange! I'd get him to the vet to be honest if you can afford it/want to. If he is wriggling he probably wants to get up but can't. As I said earlier, the weight of the organs on the solid lungs can cause breathing issues.

This is really strange! I'd get him to the vet to be honest if you can afford it/want to. If he is wriggling he probably wants to get up but can't. As I said earlier, the weight of the organs on the solid lungs can cause breathing issues.
I'll see how he goes next time he's on his back, I have added vit in water for an extra boost in case he's deficient in something which I don't think so but a boost won't hurt anyway.
A few pics..
IMG20201204104951.jpg
IMG20201204122508.jpg
IMG20201204122510.jpg

Back
Top Bottom