Anyone had any issues with coops from Omlet???

Quote:
welcome Mum
welcome-byc.gif
and what is a WIR?

Welcome from me too, Mum!

A WIR is a walk-in-run (tall enough so a human can walk in).

thumbsup.gif
I have those and I have a WIC.... Walk in Coop.....
lau.gif
gig.gif
both are made of dog kennel panels.

Merry Christmas everyone

deb

How many birds do you wnat to put in the coop?

If it is only 3 is there a way you can get hold of a dog house big enough for them? That would be eaier, and make a pvc run or something so you dont have to spend a butt load of money on those silly little plasitc or whatever it is coop.

Quote:
The eglu cube is vastly different from a dog house and about a thousand times more secure. It is made specifically for chickens and is insulated. I do think you could convert a dog house but it would take work and you would really need to do your research to make sure it is predator proof. As for the eglu, I don't think a bear could get inside it and it will last forever. But yes, they are expensive. For me it was worth it!

I agree egglicious, the expense is worth it if ... you plan on keeping chickens long term.

I think for a beginner, the initial outlay is very off-putting and as some people find that the initial excitement of chicken keeping can wear thin, they may be better off with a rabbit hatch and a couple of bantams. That way, if the novelty does wear thin, the initial investment isn't too bad.

I knew I wanted something with a long life in it and I didn't mind the outlay. As I said earlier, it is an investment. For me, and for my chickens, it has been very well worth it
smile.png

Hi I wanted to buy my chickens a new coop for Christmas and was wondering whether anyone had had any issues with coops from Omlet. The particular coop I want is the Eglu Cube with a 2 metre run.

Thanks in advance!!
Hi I just wanted to inform any users of Omlet chicken coops or anyone thinking of buying them. They are horrible for safety. We lost all of our chickens this morning. A bear came and easily opened the door. My wife is heartbroken. We have another coop that is build out of wood and very strong thick gauge wire in which we never had a problem until we started using Omlet products. My advice to anyone thinking of chicken coop ideas is to buy a sturdy wooden built coop and please stay away from the Property melt chicken coop products. It’s a waste of money and honestly useless. I hope this helps someone out there. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom