1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anyone HATCHING?!?!? Newbie's and addicts WELCOME!!!! Hatch Calendar page 1!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by silkymom1986, Oct 20, 2011.

1. chickendot

chickendot Out Of The Brooder

Jan 13, 2008
    Northern Nevada
    I have 12 eggs set to hatch on Dec 6th... This is my first time. I have a hovabator w/ fan and auto turner.
    We have a combination of EE and BR eggs...Our rooster is an Americauna.....
    Can't Wait!!!

2. bikerchic

bikerchic Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2011
    Virginia
    Welcome to your new addiction!

3. chickendot

chickendot Out Of The Brooder

Jan 13, 2008
    Northern Nevada
    Thanks, We already have plans for a second set as soon as our fav girl who is a Black Sex-Link, finishes molting and starts laying...
    she is Head Hen and very mellow but firm....

4. Evelle

Evelle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    North Idaho
    Quote:alright thank you [​IMG]

BTW, love their names! Too cute!

thank you [​IMG] my oldest named them [​IMG]

5. silkymom1986

silkymom1986 The Silkie Villa

Sep 28, 2011
    Byhalia, MS
    Quote:So glad you joined our thread, it's so exciting to have people that get as excited about incubating as we do to celebrate with, [​IMG] I have 6 speckled sussex 6 delewares and 1 silkie due to hatch the 4th!! I can't wait!!! Good luck with your hatch and please keep us updated!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. silkymom1986

Sep 28, 2011
    Byhalia, MS
    Quote:YAY!!! [​IMG] How are they doing today?

7. silkymom1986

Sep 28, 2011
    Byhalia, MS
    Quote:Congrats!!! [​IMG] Please post some pics when you get a chance!! [​IMG]

8. silkymom1986

Sep 28, 2011
    Byhalia, MS
    Where did Mellisa Rose go?!?! Wonder how her eggs are doing?

9. bikerchic

bikerchic Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2011
    Virginia

This morning I have 1 white, and 1 hatched that could have been a showgirl, but it wasn't. Its a pretty little vaulted silkie. I'm not sure what color, it was still all wet and I had to leave to go to work. I have 2 more that have pipped. I gave my son detailed instructions on the report I expect as soon as he gets home! This will be a long say at work!![​IMG]

Where is Melissa Rose?

10. silkymom1986

Sep 28, 2011
    Byhalia, MS

This morning I have 1 white, and 1 hatched that could have been a showgirl, but it wasn't. Its a pretty little vaulted silkie. I'm not sure what color, it was still all wet and I had to leave to go to work. I have 2 more that have pipped. I gave my son detailed instructions on the report I expect as soon as he gets home! This will be a long say at work!![​IMG]

Where is Melissa Rose?

Oh YAY!! What is a vaulted silkie? Never heard that term before? Oh I so know how you feel about having to go to work, I remember on our first hatch when they all started pipping, my husband was home while I had to go to work, needless to say I hardly got anything done that day, [​IMG] I was on the phone with him or texting, it was the longest day ever, lol.

Yea I haven't seen any recent post from Mellissa, that's why I was wondering, hope she has some new babies!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by