Anyone hatching Serama eggs?

Well, the rest of the eggs in my incubator died:( But luckily my little one is still doing really well:) We recentley talked to our friend and four of her eggs hatched, so we will have some more little ones soon.
yesss.gif

I read where someone referenced that seramas have a 1-2% lethal gene.. Would this be the same for all breeds of chickens?

I have eggs in the incubator and they are suppose to hatch on Friday march 22/ 2013 hope all goes well as I got some eggs from a breeder near to me that was free and I can't wait to see what I get out of 18 eggs that was given to me. I also have 2 micro Serama chickens they are about 1 month old or a little older ( no more than 2 months old ) and are very lovely birds. I can be contacted at [email protected] I live in Milton Ontario Canada. Wish everyone Happy hatching of their Serama's.

This is my first time with Serama's .... today is day 18 ... ...9 eggs are now in lockdown.....
Hoping for the best hatch...! All are alive in their shells.... !
No pips yet....
Humidity was 40...today taking it to 55....then 60 or 65 when they start to pip....
Good luck to you....too...!!

I'm new to hatching serama eggs as well. Bought 14 eggs from a local breeder. Today is day 18 and I have 12 eggs that I hope will hatch with in the next few days.
fl.gif
. I've hatched out cochin bantam eggs and button quails and I found that misting the eggs a few times a day has worked for me. I've gotten a 90%- 100% hatch rate using a still air incubator w/ egg turner. Hopefully I'll get the same hatch rate with this batch.

I have 7 Serama eggs hatching in my Brinsea. I also have three under my Silkie hens (2 hens sharing a nest). I candled the ones in the incubator tonight, of the 7, five look good and two are maybes. This is only my second incubation. Last time I hatched three Swedish hens and one Silkie. This time I plan to candle less. So fingers are crossed,

Only 3 Serama hatched.....but they are cute as can be.....!!
The 5 polish and 4 silkie eggs.....5 silkie mixed with cochin,.... I had in with them.....all hatched....
I don't know why more serama's didn't make it.... when we opened the egg.....the rest
hadn't even broken the air sac....on day 22.|
Will keep reading and researching before hatching them again....
I was also told that Serama's don't normal live but a couple of years.... =(

Back
Top Bottom