Anyone have a 1 legged goose ? serious

Discussion in 'Geese' started by HeatherLynn, May 29, 2011.

1. HeatherLynn

HeatherLynn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Kentucky, Cecilia
    Just curious, I have a post in emergencies looking for help but just in case there is none. Has anyone had a goose with only one fuctioning leg be able to survive? I am doing " physical therapy" in the tub to make sure its good leg stays strong while it heals. I don't want to push this though if there is no hope at any kind of life. So looking for hopeful stories.

2. Alabama ee

Alabama ee Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2010
    I saw a blind goose. It just followed the others around. It knew where everything was.

I have heard of one leg birds doing just fine. Just watch and see how the goose does.

3. crj

crj Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2009
    Rocky Point, NC
    Your goose just might find a way to get around. Animals are quite unique.

4. 20123001

20123001 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2011
    Delavan, Wi
    i had a one legged duck! he was really nice and got around quite well? maybe same thing with a goose?

5. HeatherLynn

HeatherLynn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Kentucky, Cecilia
    I am hoping so. Doesn't look like anyone else has ideas on this one in the emergency section so I am going to keep doing what I am now. I guess at that point its just hope for the best. Its still very healthy. I doesn't even seem to bother it other than it cannot stand. It did stand in the tub today though which was a first. I think being in the water made it a bit easier. There was a bit of float help. It swam and hopped around in the tub for a good 40 min. I guess I will do that twice a day until it starts standing on its own in the cage. Keep the muscles built up hopefully.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by