Anyone have a 1 legged goose ? serious

HeatherLynn

Crowing
12 Years
May 11, 2009
Kentucky, Cecilia
Just curious, I have a post in emergencies looking for help but just in case there is none. Has anyone had a goose with only one fuctioning leg be able to survive? I am doing " physical therapy" in the tub to make sure its good leg stays strong while it heals. I don't want to push this though if there is no hope at any kind of life. So looking for hopeful stories.

I saw a blind goose. It just followed the others around. It knew where everything was.

I have heard of one leg birds doing just fine. Just watch and see how the goose does.

I am hoping so. Doesn't look like anyone else has ideas on this one in the emergency section so I am going to keep doing what I am now. I guess at that point its just hope for the best. Its still very healthy. I doesn't even seem to bother it other than it cannot stand. It did stand in the tub today though which was a first. I think being in the water made it a bit easier. There was a bit of float help. It swam and hopped around in the tub for a good 40 min. I guess I will do that twice a day until it starts standing on its own in the cage. Keep the muscles built up hopefully.

Back
Top Bottom