Anyone have a favorite Christmas Cookie recipe to share?

bawkbawkbawk

Crowing
15 Years
Mar 29, 2009
Coastal Southern California
I haven't been able to bake for years because of back problems, but I have some help tomorrow and we were thinking of baking some cookies.

Anyone have tried-and-true recipes? Looking for a basic shortbread to use with cookie cutters and maybe one for those heavenly little round cookies that are really flaky and buttery with powdered sugar on them - can't remember what they are called - are they pffefferneuse?

And, of course, any others that are easy and irresistible...

My absolute favorites are:

Peanut Butter Blossoms
Ingredients:

* 48 HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
* 1/2 cup shortening
* 3/4 cup REESE'S Creamy Peanut Butter
* 1/3 cup granulated sugar
* 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
* 1 egg
* 2 tablespoons milk
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* Granulated sugar

Instructions:

1. Heat oven to 375°F. Remove wrappers from chocolates.

2. Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended. Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.

3. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet.

4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a chocolate into center of each cookie; cookie will crack around edges. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 4 dozen cookies.

and

**Note I use mini muffin papers, for some reason, mine always get stuck. The papers solve that problem..***
MINIATURE PECAN TASSIES

Makes 24 tassies.

CRUST:

1 (3 oz. pkg. cream cheese
1 c. sifted all purpose flour
1 stick butter

For the crust, have all ingredients at room temperature. Mix together and chill for at least 2 hours. Pinch off dough and shape into two dozen 1 inch balls. Place balls in 1 3/4 inch ungreased muffin tins. With thumb, press dough against bottom and sides of tins. Set aside and mix filling.

FILLING:

1 egg, beaten
3/4 c. brown sugar, firmly packed
1 tbsp. soft butter
1 tbsp. vanilla
2/3 c. chopped pecans

For filling, mix all ingredients together. Fill each tassie 3/4 full. Bake at 325 degrees for 25 minutes. Cool on cake rack. To remove, run sharp knife around edge and lift out.

Back
Top Bottom