Anyone have a favorite Christmas Cookie recipe to share?

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by bawkbawkbawk, Dec 12, 2009.

1. bawkbawkbawk

bawkbawkbawk Chillin' With My Peeps

I haven't been able to bake for years because of back problems, but I have some help tomorrow and we were thinking of baking some cookies.

Anyone have tried-and-true recipes? Looking for a basic shortbread to use with cookie cutters and maybe one for those heavenly little round cookies that are really flaky and buttery with powdered sugar on them - can't remember what they are called - are they pffefferneuse?

And, of course, any others that are easy and irresistible...

2. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
  3. bawkbawkbawk

bawkbawkbawk Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks, Saddina! Much appreciated.

4. R3Rugrats

R3Rugrats Out Of The Brooder

Jun 5, 2008
    Maine
    My absolute favorites are:

Peanut Butter Blossoms
    Ingredients:

* 48 HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
    * 1/2 cup shortening
    * 3/4 cup REESE'S Creamy Peanut Butter
    * 1/3 cup granulated sugar
    * 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
    * 1 egg
    * 2 tablespoons milk
    * 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    * 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
    * 1 teaspoon baking soda
    * 1/2 teaspoon salt
    * Granulated sugar

Instructions:

1. Heat oven to 375°F. Remove wrappers from chocolates.

2. Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended. Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.

3. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet.

4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a chocolate into center of each cookie; cookie will crack around edges. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 4 dozen cookies.

and

**Note I use mini muffin papers, for some reason, mine always get stuck. The papers solve that problem..***
    MINIATURE PECAN TASSIES

Makes 24 tassies.

CRUST:

1 (3 oz. pkg. cream cheese
    1 c. sifted all purpose flour
    1 stick butter

For the crust, have all ingredients at room temperature. Mix together and chill for at least 2 hours. Pinch off dough and shape into two dozen 1 inch balls. Place balls in 1 3/4 inch ungreased muffin tins. With thumb, press dough against bottom and sides of tins. Set aside and mix filling.

FILLING:

1 egg, beaten
    3/4 c. brown sugar, firmly packed
    1 tbsp. soft butter
    1 tbsp. vanilla
    2/3 c. chopped pecans

For filling, mix all ingredients together. Fill each tassie 3/4 full. Bake at 325 degrees for 25 minutes. Cool on cake rack. To remove, run sharp knife around edge and lift out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by