Anyone have a hen or eggs set for October? Join us!

I was a busy bee today! Had to move some outdoor cages but I had a broody Serama sitting in one of them... What to do, what to do... I finally ended up tacking up a temporary board across the nesting box door, and went ahead and moved it. (VERY carefully) But she did great, didn't move an inch, just screamed at me to make the world stop spinning
gig.gif

Haha! Last night was very traumatic for my flock too, I went out to feed them and my dog came to me with a live baby opossum in his mouth!!!
ep.gif
My birds were free ranging too! Anyways my dog ended up killing it. But I thought if there was a baby then the mama was close by. So I ended up having to put all my birds in cages and in the barn (including mama Ember). Took a while but I got it done without her screaming at me too much.
lol.png

My avatar Stella has been broody for a while I just put 3 Ameracuna eggs under her today so look for a hatch on October 10. Stela loves to be a mom she will be hatching eggs that are from a hen that she hatched. I hope I have a chick for her to mother.

My broodies decided to get off of the nest for about ten minutes today so I ran out with my candler and lo n behold we have veins, I was really worried that none were fertile

I have a Muscovy due the 20th of October, just set her some fresh eggs yesterday
wee.gif

And my Serama is due the 10th. I am
fl.gif
for lots of babies
I want some ducks, But I live in the city and we're limited to 10 poultry. My husband isn't into keeping a duck for eggs. Personally I'm considering getting a duck or two just for the fun of it. Are they loud? and how fast do they grow?

I want some ducks, But I live in the city and we're limited to 10 poultry. My husband isn't into keeping a duck for eggs. Personally I'm considering getting a duck or two just for the fun of it. Are they loud? and how fast do they grow?
Muscovy are known as the quackless duck. They dont make any noise more than a peep from females or a hiss from males. They grow pretty quickly compared to chickens but are slower growers than other duck breeds. Muscovy are the sweetest and more personable ducks I know. Their eggs are HUGE and amazing for baking if you're into a lot of baked goods. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/130753/muscovy-keepers-share-your-pics Stop on by if you're interested in Scovies and you want some more info.

Back
Top Bottom