Anyone have a hen or eggs set for October? Join us!

Yay!! Go Minnie!!
yippiechickie.gif

I woke up to one little chick in the incubator! What a surprise! Our broody hen has been sitting on eggs and breaking them for the last month. Three days ago she finally left the eggs, so I put them in the incubator. We didn't expect anything and they were supposed to hatch yesterday. That one little guy in there is one expensive chick!!

I woke up to one little chick in the incubator! What a surprise! Our broody hen has been sitting on eggs and breaking them for the last month. Three days ago she finally left the eggs, so I put them in the incubator. We didn't expect anything and they were supposed to hatch yesterday. That one little guy in there is one expensive chick!!
celebrate.gif
ya.gif

It was one of the "hoped for" chicks, too! Yay! Of course, I didn't want chicks in separate places this winter, so the broody hen was supposed to be raising this one. Sometimes things just don't go the way they're supposed to, right?
roll.png

I'm trying to get my Buff Orpington hen gone to BROODY, because i have Jersey giantX deleware eggs and Jersey giant X Buff orpington eggs for her to sit on.
She just wont sit on it, what should i do? Also im trying to get my old Barred rock hen to setting on it, she seem like she wanted to a lay an eggs, so she's stopped laying. she's old.
I still have her. she's bestest hen i ever had!
Also i have a Nankin hen, i just brought her.. her old owner told me that she have had set on eggs 2 time in a year, im try to get her to be mother again. she's not ready for it yet. so i took eggs in to eat. i have more eggs for the hens. but how to get them sit on it?

This is going to be an exciting week.
celebrate.gif
I woke up at 3 am this morning and did the normal rounds (got some water, checked on my son, checked the temps in the incubators, etc) and
I was shocked to see 3 pips already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ep.gif
Wow, they aren't expected to hatch until tomorrow but I guess a few are getting an early start. Now I can't keep my face out of the bator window (watching for zipping).

I guess I can join this one too.

I have 18 Coturnix eggs in a homemade incubator that are due to hatch on the 6th. This is my first attempt at hatching and they are also "mail order" eggs so I'm not sure what to expect. I have been keeping the temp and moisture at what I think is the right levels.( lots of conflicting info on-line) I tired to candle them, but was not very successfull either. I was told they are harder to candle because they are darker and have a thicker shell that chickens. I did see one that had red veins inside though so I put everything back and am crossing my fingers.
fl.gif

I'll let you know how I make out.

This is going to be an exciting week.
celebrate.gif
I woke up at 3 am this morning and did the normal rounds (got some water, checked on my son, checked the temps in the incubators, etc) and
I was shocked to see 3 pips already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ep.gif
Wow, they aren't expected to hatch until tomorrow but I guess a few are getting an early start. Now I can't keep my face out of the bator window (watching for zipping).
YAY!!!! GO CHICKIE'S GO!!!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
How are they doing now??
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom