Anyone have a hen or eggs set for October? Join us!

im putting a half a dozen white leghorn eggs and half a dozen Minorca eggs under my one broody hen. Will she be able to sit on 12 eggs without breaking them and will they hatch before October ends??????????
That depends on your hens breed. If she is a Orpington she could probably handle more. No, if she sets on them now, today, your eggs will hatch, November 12th.

I've got 5 eggs in lock down. 2 for sure doing good, 3 i couldn't tell so i left them in. My dogs off and on go and look in the incubator. I'm hopeful on this one. they are due in a day or two, but usually mine hatch on day 23 instead of 21. day 23 will be thursday. so we'll see. :) leaving them in until friday/saturday. Hoping to have at least 2 hatch. A nice surprise would be all 5 hatching. I hate raising chicks with just a few at a time, they keep each other warm when ya have more of them.
And OMG cute, my dog just sat a toy on top of the incubator for the eggs. LOL

I just set 120 eggs. Last hatch for the year..... I hope... hehe
goodpost.gif
and
yuckyuck.gif
!!

I've got 5 eggs in lock down. 2 for sure doing good, 3 i couldn't tell so i left them in. My dogs off and on go and look in the incubator. I'm hopeful on this one. they are due in a day or two, but usually mine hatch on day 23 instead of 21. day 23 will be thursday. so we'll see. :) leaving them in until friday/saturday. Hoping to have at least 2 hatch. A nice surprise would be all 5 hatching. I hate raising chicks with just a few at a time, they keep each other warm when ya have more of them.
And OMG cute, my dog just sat a toy on top of the incubator for the eggs. LOL
Thats adorable!! Hoping all five hatch for you!

Back
Top Bottom