Anyone have a hen or eggs set for October? Join us!

Yes ...I just saw the first chick under mommas butt...she was a little white head sticking out all fluffy and perfect...only hope there are some spots on her back there....but I definitely heard two different peeps...I still didn't move or touch momma as today is hatch day and I didn't want to disturb any chicks hatching today...

Do I just wait and she will hop up when she feels it is done...do I then remove the egg shells? She has been pooping a little where she is sitting and I really want to clean it...I am dying to see the brood...there are 8 eggs under her...this is worse than hatching in a bator...

No pips yet, If they don't hatch by saturday they'll get tossed. After this attempt at hatching I'll quit til feb/march. I'd like to do some winter eggs but need to wait til my moms rooster is mature enough.

Oh my goodness!! They are sooo cute! What colors did you hatch? They are beautiful! Mom is purdy too.
wink.png

thanks..she had 5 buff and 5 paint eggs to begin with...1 didn't make it and she ate it early on..the egg...not a chick!...then I dropped a flippin egg on sunday...it was a paint chick and very much alive but I couldn't help it...so...just paints and buff....

Back
Top Bottom