Anyone have a hobby that doesn't involve yarn and sewing?

Well, I do sew, but I too stay away from anything involving yarn. Sometimes I paint, do yoga, go for walks out in the woods, I am a half-hearted gardener, an avid reader, and I have a dog, so I like to do things with her. Daily walks with the dog are always great. My husband and I like to shoot rifles, revolvers, and black powder revolvers. I love taking pictures. I upload them to Walgreens and then can order prints at my leisure - it's cheaper to decorate your walls with your own photos than to go out and buy prints!

Quote:
I work with gourds a bit, too - I've done some woodburning, but usually I just make them into shekeres or rattles.

My sister paints on gourds, I'll have to see if I can find a pic of the one she did (as a bowl) of a Voodoo dance - it was beautiful. It had flames for background and three or four women dressed in white dancing around it with wild abandon.

I have a huge plastic tote bin full of gourds, haven't had time to work with those in a long while, either. I'm not nearly as skilled with gourds as I am at other things
lau.gif
but it's fun.

meri

Quote:
And why is it you've never shown these to me??
sad.png

ETA: Do you mean like the plastic ones that bottles are shipped in? Where do you get those?

No, I mean the real deal... Wooden crates

Quote:
And why is it you've never shown these to me??
sad.png

ETA: Do you mean like the plastic ones that bottles are shipped in? Where do you get those?

Where do you get those at?

Quote:

Wherever I can find them... Just recently got one at an auction but just as I bid 8.00 on it, they threw in a bunch of tobacco hatchets, so now I've got these hatchets to have to get rid of. Guy down the road had a whole stack of them probably 30-40 but he was wanting 18.00 each for them(NO THANKS!). This is why I don't get many made, because they are harder and harder to come by cheap enough to keep my price reasonable.

Last edited:
Cross Country, Track, um Running, painting, sketching, reading, and I like interior design but my taste is usally different than my moms so I don't get to do anything I have a game I play though but its not satisfying for me I have ideas that I can't express on a game.

Quote:

Wherever I can find them... Just recently got one at an auction but just as I bid 8.00 on it, they threw in a bunch of tobacco hatchets, so now I've got these hatchets to have to get rid of. Guy down the road had a whole stack of them probably 30-40 but he was wanting 18.00 each for them(NO THANKS!). This is why I don't get many made, because they are harder and harder to come by cheap enough to keep my price reasonable.

Oh so THAT'S how you got stuck with those cutters!! Is there another type of crate you could use??

Back
Top Bottom