Anyone have a Knifty Knitter?

Quote:
How bout a picture of them.
roll.png

th.gif

duc.gif

Since when are you visiting KNITTING threads?

My latest project....a quiver for my arrows.
big_smile.png

I am using recycle corrugated plastic (an old real estate sign) as the structural core. I still need to do a little work on it, but I really think this qualifies as the craziest project I ever created!

I was in dollar general the other day, and they have a 'learn to crochet' kit for smallish kids for $5. It has the latch hook and directions for making a small pillow. Figured it would be worth it, for the directions on how to use a latch hook for crocheting.

I have been trying to teach DGD to knit for twp years, kinda funny since I have A LOT of problems knitting. I haven't done it in years and was not very good at it then. My mom and sister started knitting again this year. They were doing the preemie hats, booties and blankets for the neo-natal wards.

My Mom bougt DGD three different kids knitting needles and instructions. She is stubborn, she knows how to do everything, but when she goes to show you, she can't do it! She's 10, of course.
My mom found the knifty knitter while getting herself knitting supplies. She gave it to her for her birthday in Oct. DGD made hats for Christmas, a posted a couple of pics on the crafters, what are you making for Christmas thread. I still need to post two more. She is working on a hat for herself now. She loves it. I am going to try it out also, when I get more yarn, she stole mine to make me and my DH hats.

She had asked me about making afghans with them and I was sure it could be done but didn't know how. With all of your posts, now I do. Thanks for the info.
Monica

Afghans work great with the purple kk. I don't like the new long ones...there is too much spacing between the pegs.

I didn't get a knifty knitter loom set but I did get a knitting machine!
ya.gif
I have not tried it yet, there is alot to put together and just from reading the instructions it looks like alot of work to get started but then it seems it would go very fast. Booklet says you can make an afgan in two evenings.

My DD got a childrens Singer knitting machine that works OK. you just have to line the yarn up and turn the handle. It works on the same concept as the knifty knitter looms but automated with a crank handle. It is easier for her to do with her CP than trying to manipulate knitting needles or hooks. She made a tube for her stuffed puppy doll.

Who else got knifty knitters for Christmas?

T O M- Luckyyyy! I have always wanted one! My problem with knitting is the yarn between the needles gets bigger with every stitch. I have been told that I am dropping stitches; but if it gets bigger every stitch, how can I be adding AND dropping at the same time all the while my knitting is getting longer?

I guess I will have to try again and also try crocheting, again. DD said she'd teach me crocheting when she gets back from her deployment. Meanwhile I will steal DGD's knifty knitter!

Monica

Back
Top Bottom